Potato Salad!

Parts

While checking out kick starter I stumbled across this! Don't know if its old news or what but... Man its funny but at the same time really dumb people are wasting good money when it can got to charity's.

Whats next a pie? I love that under "Risks & Challenges" they state "It might not be that good. It's my first potato salad." At this point I was crying with laughter! 

Check it out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad

lol I saw this :)

Nope. Not a retoast for this stupid fake potato salad.

and to believe people gave him more that 2000$...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Potato salad now with 30% MORE half life 3

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

now with 30% more potato salad

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Holy shit, I guess I'd better Kickstart my green smoothie for tomorrow morning!

$2,000 and I'll pick a random commenter to decide on how much chia seed I throw in!

There is no way that he can ship cold food across the world to $3 backers.

If he reaches $3K, HL3 confirmed.

He isn't; he's literally making it for himself :D

He isn't; he's literally making it for himself :D

Quote from what $3 backers get:

"Receive a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad."

Quote from FAQ:

"so wait, I thought the $3 pledge included you spoon feeding each of us a bite of the potato salad no matter where we lived?"

"I promise you I am working with people right now to assess the feasibility of sending potato salad around the world. I will do everything I can to make a bite of potato salad a reality."

He obviously intends to ship perishable food to people.

"Receive a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out loud while making the potato salad."

Quote from FAQ:

"so wait, I thought the $3 pledge included you spoon feeding each of us a bite of the potato salad no matter where we lived?"

"I promise you I am working with people right now to assess the feasibility of sending potato salad around the world. I will do everything I can to make a bite of potato salad a reality."

OOOOH I see, he said he was having a PS party, so I assumed it meant that people who showed up could have a bite. With all the international backers, I can't assume he'll have a ton of money left after all the expenses!

Quote from FAQ:

"say you name out loud while making the potato salad" sounds a bit too sexual for my liking 

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

OOOOH I see, he said he was having a PS party, so I assumed it meant that people who showed up could have a bite. With all the international backers, I can't assume he'll have a ton of money left after all the expenses!

I image he will lose a lot of money. 472 backers have pledged a total of $2,711. That's $5.74 that he can spend on each person max. I don't know what it's like to ship perishable food but I know enough to be able to say that that won't cover shipping costs by far!

I'm predicting a lawsuit possibly.

"say you name out loud while making the potato salad" sounds a bit too sexual for my liking 

Dude I thought the same, probably why he has so many backers lol

I image he will lose a lot of money. 472 backers have pledged a total of $2,711. That's $5.74 that he can spend on each person max. I don't know what it's like to ship perishable food but I know enough to be able to say that that won't cover shipping costs by far!

I'm predicting a lawsuit possibly.

...?

You realize Kickstarter has no real contract that's legally binding, right? He could say "Screw potato salad, but I'm keeping the money." Totally possible. And good luck actually suing him.

At least that's what I understand about how Kickstarter works.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Meanwhile the kick starter to end world hunger is rocking three fitty.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

You guys are overlooking the fact that we can make serious money with potato salad.

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

Nope. Not a retoast for this stupid fake potato salad.

While checking out kick starter I stumbled across this! Don't know if its old news or what but... Man its funny but at the same time really dumb people are wasting good money when it can got to charity's.

Whats next a pie? I love that under "Risks & Challenges" they state "It might not be that good. It's my first potato salad." At this point I was crying with laughter! 

Check it out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad

and to believe people gave him more that 2000$...

Im originally persian, and we have this all the time. :D damn i should have been the one who started this!