Logan at it again...

hashtagswagarino

I'm confused, what am i looking at?

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

God damn Logan be makin dem videos.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

This video came up months ago...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Urgh, I couldn't be arsed sitting through 12 minutes of a review about a product I'm not overly interested in, I'll wait until someone I trust passes comment and decide what to from there.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

apparently "balanced" iems make all the difference.

Do you even know what balanced audio even is? It almost looks like you are just chucking the term pretending to know what it is and then talking down Logan for reviewing a balanced DAP.

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Do you even know what balanced audio even is?

Do you?

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Do you?

To put it simply the point of having balanced audio is the help prevent any kind of external interference (e.g mobile interference), usually needed in professional environment. I'm sure you could explain it in detail though right?

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Do you even know what balanced audio even is? It almost looks like you are just chucking the term pretending to know what it is and then talking down Logan for reviewing a balanced DAP.

Judging by Logans definition in the video apparently even he doesn´t know what balanced means.

Judging by Logans definition in the video apparently even he doesn´t know what balanced means.

From what I've seen from his videos, he really doesn't know much about audio.

To put it simply the point of having balanced audio is the help prevent any kind of external interference (e.g mobile interference), usually needed in professional environment. I'm sure you could explain it in detail though right?

It was just the way you said 'balanced audio'. I didn't mean to offend or anything it just didn't seem to sit right. I'm just used to the word 'balanced' being followed by 'cables' when talking about patchbays and adding modules in my school's studio

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Hmmm, can somebody educate me on why this video isn't great or what?

That bit about the audio player smells like BS tho

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

So we're not even talking about balanced armature drivers, we're talking about the connections?

Logan's videos on audio have been derpy. His audio myths video got significant, negative reactions from multiple people. Let's just say, nobody goes to him for audio advice except from true Tek Syndicate fans. In here I think he's contradicting what he said in his audio myths video.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I don't think there is actually wrong with this video at all really, the interface is pretty shitty and having a balanced inputs limits your headphone or IEM range unless you use an adapter. It is just OP just tried to stir some shit about balanced audio/cables.

Probably better off buying an iPod or Fiio X3 at this price range really unless you don't already own some IEMs.

the interface is pretty shitty and having a balanced inputs limits your headphone or IEM range unless you use an adapter.

Please elaborate.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I don't think there is actually wrong with this video at all really, the interface is pretty shitty and having a balanced inputs limits your headphone or IEM range unless you use an adapter. It is just OP just tried to stir some shit about balanced audio/cables.

Probably better off buying an iPod or Fiio X3 at this price range really unless you don't already own some IEMs.

I see. Can you explain to me the difference about balanced audio/cables and unbalanced? This seems new to me

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

The problem with audio is that on one side there can be some quite complex science that dictates an awful lot, but on the other how good it is is purely subjective.  If you favor one side over the other you inevitably upset at least one crowd and if you try to please both you inevitably piss of both. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I see. Can you explain to me the difference about balanced audio/cables and unbalanced? This seems new to me

why re invent the wheel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balanced_audio

If that is no help ask again.

Like, zero reviewers bother with blind testing.

Personally if I were to do serious videos on audio I'd start there. Weird that zero Youtubers do that. I'd get it if most don't, but zero? 

Personally if I were to do serious videos on audio I'd start there. Weird that zero Youtubers do that. I'd get it if most don't, but zero? 

Not saying Tyll does, because he has, just not regular practice, its just not worth the time and effort. 

why re invent the wheel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balanced_audio

If that is no help ask again.

Oh okay now I understand lol. I thought the Wikipedia page was going to have some extreme scientific terminology that I wouldn't understand, but alas, not really. Thanks

Blind testing is pretty exhausting 

But again, if somebody was that serious about his work in audio reviews, that would probably easily set him apart from the other youtubers that don't lol

Not saying Tyll does, because he has, just not regular practice, its just not worth the time and effort. 

Ehh.

I'm very wary of placebo and expectation bias, etc. I think the effects of it are very sinister in that it catches us unawares and it's hard to know when obvious differences in headphones are so obvious it's ludicrous to test them, and when the differences are nonexistant but our minds substitute the rest. If anything it shuts people up about bias. Maybe it will be a cool way to seperate your audio channel from other audio channels.

Blind testing is pretty exhausting 

But again, if somebody was that serious about his work in audio reviews, that would probably easily set him apart from the other youtubers that don't lol

Yes it would.

Ehh.

I'm very wary of placebo and expectation bias, etc. I think the effects of it are very sinister in that it catches us unawares and it's hard to know when obvious differences in headphones are so obvious it's ludicrous to test them, and when the differences are nonexistant but our minds substitute the rest. If anything it shuts people up about bias. Maybe it will be a cool way to seperate your audio channel from other audio channels.

In the end its easiest to just wing it, I have yet to be disappointed using my method of, respectable company > something I like about a product > purchase.