Hoverbike

infinadeck

LG smart TV issues

Halo CE edition

News Items InfinADeck - Omnidirectional treadmill

Source 1: geeky-gadgets.com

Source 2: youtube.com

Source 3: infinadeck.com

- No information on pricing or worldwide availability yet.

- Sure to provide competition if it reaches near the $430 price point of the Virtuix Omni.

- However the company explains that it will be affordable, lets hope that ‘affordable’ is nearer $500 than $5,000.

- TWITTER: this vs augmented reality

World’s first functional hoverbike

Source 1: electronicproducts.com

- Pictures in source 1

- Aero-X is the first consumer centric hoverbike.

- Aero-X is half quadcopter, half motorcycle.

- Aerofex has just unveiled plans to start selling the first commercial model in 2017 for $85,000.

- 72 kilometers per hour at 3.7 meters off the ground.

- The vehicle can carry two passengers on any open terrain for one hour and fifteen minutes on a full tank of gas.

- A rollover bar protects the rider, however, Aerofax is experimenting with airbag integration to create an all-around safe vehicle before the unit goes on sale. "If we can’t make it safe, we won’t sell it," De Roche (Aerofax founder and aerospace engineer) says.

- Although Aero-X is aimed at the commercial sports-utility market, Roche believes that anyone who regularly uses an ATV – park rangers and U.S. border patrol agents – can benefit from its off-road capabilities. Users interested in pre-ordering the vehicle are invited to deposit $5,000 toward the final price.

LG Smart TV Update sends usage data to 3rd parties

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Noire

Source 2: techdirt.com

- Update on 2 year old TV asked for ability to send usage data to 3rd parties, without accepting you cannot use any of the smart features.

- “When you use LivePlus, we may share certain Viewing Information, Device Information, and Basic Usage Information with third parties for advertising or analytics purposes and to enable the provision of information relevant to what you are viewing;

- “To third party vendors that LGE may engage to provide services on its behalf from time to time, such as to collect payment for content you purchase or to fulfill customer service requests or to provide advertising services”.

- LG's Privacy Policy claims that most of what it collects is essential to provide these "smart" services. Indeed, many of them are. But there's also plenty in that wording that indicates LG is collecting additional information solely for the purpose of providing ads.

- In its defense, LG may point to the fact that this Privacy Notice is published online and could be accessed by anyone looking to purchase a Smart TV. The reality of the situation is that the same number of people who would proactively search out privacy policies and T&Cs before purchasing a product are roughly the same number that would balk at clicking the "Accept" button on a dialog box post-firmware update -- statistically insignificant

ProtonMail - NSA Proof Email

Source 1: dailycaller.com

- A group of MIT and Harvard students have come together to create what they call “NSA-proof” email.

- The programmers also drew inspiration from SnapChat, and included a feature allowing senders to remotely delete an email after its been in a recipient’s inbox for a designated amount of time.

- Service is incorporated in Switzerland, “which offers some of the strongest privacy protection in the world for both individuals and entities

Though still in beta development, the service is reportedly easy to use and free.

- Data is masked throughout the transmission process, not even ProtonMail employees can see users.

Surface 3

Source 1: theverge.com

- Pictures in Source 1.

- The tablet weighs 1.76 pounds (without the new Type Cover) and is .36 inches thick. The display is now bigger too, it's a nicely-sized 12-inch touchscreen with a tack-sharp resolution of 2160 x 1440 with 150% zoom. Weird resolution will have issues...

- 3:2 screen aspect ratio

- Magnesium body, almost free of unsightly brading

- Has a micro SD card slot and a new pen with 256 pressure levels. - pen is included, but doesn’t mount to the tablet.

- Dual front facing speakers.

-  The new kickstand, which uses friction and can hold the device up at any angle between 22-150 degrees

- I really like the way the covers attach now & new type cover has backlit physical keys, and a bigger trackpad.

TWITTER: should I get one to review? I’ll have to pay for it outright. /chants “do it, do it…”

Fractal Design Core Series

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: JelleDekkers

Source 2: fractal-design.com (Announcement)

Source 3: fractal-design.com (Product page)

- 3 new cases

- All have built-in fan controllers

- Core 1500 is the extremely compact micro ATX Mini Tower with support for two 240 rads and support for 7 fans.

- Core 2500 is the compact ATX Mid Tower of the x5 Series support for a 280mm and 240mm water cooling radiators.

- Core 3500 is a wide body mid tower ATX case support for up to two 240mm radiators or a 280mm radiator. Also has a windowed version.

Acer 4k2k display with G-sync

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: digitalnav

Source 2: us.acer.com

- Acer’s XB280HK gaming monitor is the world’s first 4k2k display featuring NVIDIA® G-SYNC™.

- It features a spacious 28-inch LED backlit display with 4k2k Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixels).

- The Acer XB280HK features 170/170 degree viewing angles so that brilliantly-colored images can be seen from almost every angle.

- DP 1.2

- The multi-functional ErgoStand allows the screen to tilt from -5° to 35° to ensure the best viewing angle; the base rotates 120° from left or right for easy screen sharing; the panel height can be raised by up to 150 mm for optimum comfort; and the screen pivots from horizontal to vertical for more viewing perspectives.

- The Acer XB280HK starts shipping in Q2 in Pan America, EMEA, Japan, and Taiwan.

Halo:CE Will Live On Past GameSpy Shutdown

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: Bonsai99

Source 2: bungie.net

- Patched Halo Combat Evolved and Halo Custom Edition away from dead GameSpy Service

- “Community member btcc22 has valiantly written a new server-browser application”

- Update also includes a number of small bug fixes

- “Big thanks to community members Technut and kornman00, and btcc22 for helping to catalog and investigate these problems”

- “Bungie believes in creating lasting social experiences”

- “enormously excited for the upcoming release of Destiny and hope you'll join us for that ride”

- Maybe have it on PC then?

Z97 and H97

Source 1: theinquirer.net

- Two new “9-series” chipsets, Z97 and H97.

- Z97 supports overclocking with unlocked CPUs and H97 doesn’t.

- 9-series chipsets offer increased data transfer speeds for storage drives, now supporting the M.2 specification allowing them to drive two PCI-E 2.0 lanes giving them up to 1GBps bandwidth compared to 600MBps in the 8-series chipset.

- Same connectivity options; 14 USB ports, six of which can be USB 3.0, up to six SATA III ports an integrated gigabit Ethernet controller and eight PCI E 2.0 lanes.

- Intel has upgraded it’s smart response technology SRT, supporting hybrid hard drives with integrated flash storage. Previously the feature required separate HDD and SSD drives on separate connectors.

- Broadwell is expected to bring a 30% increase in power efficiency.

- The 9-series chipsets are essentially made to keep high-end users happy while the firm readies Broadwell 14nm 5th generation processors which will significantly improve the performance of laptops, convertibles and tablets.

Questions for JJ

- “Example Question” - Display Name @handleson

- From Omid on the forum - why expansion card for TB2 vs onboard, why better OC & temps on Z97 vs Z87 for same Haswell chips?

- #WanShowLive JJ, does the ThunderboltEXII work with an external GPU for displayport passthrough? For gaming on an Apple Thunderbolt Display? - Sarah Conner ‏@saramese  

- Peter@pkron170  1m

#wanshowlive @LinusTech What about the PG278Q ROG Swift.  When is it planning on being released?

- thisiskicker@thisiskicker  35s

@LinusTech  @ASUS_ROG @ASUSUSA  @ASUS #wanshowlive Will asus release a non reference version AMD R9 295X2?

- Ryan Kornblum@ryan_kornblum  44s

@LinusTech #wanshowlive what are the biggest difference between your z97 boards and other companies boards. Top 10 best z97 changes.

- Thompson Gildea@DARTZ98  1m

What do I get from an ASUS z97 that I don't get from a traditional ASUS gaming motherboard #wanshowlive

- Ski@CellProcessing  54s

@LinusTech #WANshowlive JJ I know that Intel moved the voltage regulator back to the chip set. Does current Haswell use the chipset reg?

- Fabian Bock@bockfabi  1m

@LinusTech #wanshowlive will devil´s n cpus will work (with a bios update) with your z87 mobos? (I just got a new formula vi z87 board)

- Rob O'Reilly@IRJunkie  1m

@LinusTech @ASUSUSA #wanshowlive lets talk overclocking…Digi+ III, is having more phases still relevant?

- Jose Gutierrez@I5ZQ8  56s

@LinusTech #Wanshowlive JJ what can you tell us about the ROG 1440P 120hz monitor? Really exiting stuff!!!

- It's Me@TellMeWhoItIs  30scanyo

I am looking forward to the ROG Front Base, but its been out of stock for the past month. Any News, JJ? Will Linus review it?
#wanshowlive

- Lewis Moon@lewisamoon  1m

@LinusTech For JJ - Why dont you use right angled usb3 connectors? its one hell of an ugly cable that cant be sleeved. #wanshowlive

- Jona The Boss!@K1NG_JON4  12m

@LinusTech #wanshowlive hey JJ what is your favorite new feature in the z97 ROG boards

- Alexander McNicoll@XanderMcN  28s

@LinusTech @ASUSUSA #wanshowlive could we see a 21:9 Pro Art monitor

If you need more questions go here: Clicky

Rapid Fire 18 core Haswell Xeon

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: LukaP

Source 2: hwbot.org

- Nebojsa writes, "Add to this the rumoured confirmation that, unlike their predecessors, Haswell-EP Xeons, including likely the 14-core and 18-core flavours, will have several top bin unlocked and even liquid-cooling optimised variants meant for HPC, workstations and high frequency trading, and you can guess the implications: the Haswell-E and Haswell-EP platforms will again be the overclocker’s heaven."

Google ads on Google Glass and Thermostats

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: NielsKersic

Source 2: firstpost.com

- Google ads may soon be seen on refrigerators, car dashboards, thermostats, glasses and watches.

- “Our expectation is that users will be using our services and viewing our ads on an increasingly wide diversity of devices in the future,” - Google

Zotac Zbox Sphere

Source 1: linustechtips.com OP: 4960X

Source 2: relaxedtech.com

- ZOTAC ZBOX Sphere OI520 series combines a unique orb form factor with a 4th Generation Intel Core i5 4200U processor.

- Top twists off for tool-less upgrades.

- 2.5-inch SATA 6.0 Gb/s hard drive or SSD, an mSATA SSD and two DDR3L SO-DIMM.

- More specs in source 2.

Very interesting!

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

@LinusTech

Am I still your favorite 'whatever you are/cool guy?' Lol

Gave me a chuckle when you said that :-)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Canada lost against Finland in the hockey world championships.

Most important.

But yes I second this.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

JJ was awesome. Always a pleasure to hear what he has to say. Excited about the swift and those other things he couldn't talk about!!

First time watching the WAN show after having my curiousity tweaked on twitter...and I have to say I'm very impressed. Let me be more specific; 1) I love the patented Linus Media Group style 2) I love the breadth and width of tech topics covered 3) I love the "keeping it real" opinions 4) I love the gear...those laptops look sexy. Consider me subscribed.

Also one note - I tried to sign up to your audible deal at Audible UK and no such URL existed. Come on man - you've got an international audience who wants to give you some funds...

Edit - I also wanted to let you guys know I thought JJ was a pretty cool dude and genuinly seemed pretty legit and a nice guy so I've decided to Give ASUS a try for my next Motherboard...z97 build under way as we speak...one thing though...I've always liked EVGA graphics cards due to their amazing customer service...any thoughts on ASUS in that department as I'm in the market for a new graphics card..at least I will be when the Geforce 800 series comes out...

@LinusTech: One trick with the Windows 8 or 8.1 Modern UI apps:

You can close them by quickly grabbing the top of the frame and drag it to the bottom 
(works best with mouse)

Slower animation (not slowed down, just did it slower) [Link] [29MB GIF]

Faster version i.e. how it should look IRL. [Link] [17MB GIF]

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K (4GHz x 4 cores/8 threads);

RAM: 32GB DDR3 1333MHz; 

Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0; 

MB: ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1; 

Storage: 512GB Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I would love to go to that LAN party its just i live so far away that i couldnt make it :(

JJ REALLY knows his shit. That guy could defend ASUS in court. Makes me lean towards their Z97 boards.

Nvious Yet?

Have to agree that the WAN show was really interesting and find JJ very knowledgeable and is a good PR rep for Asus.When it comes time to upgrade my system I will give Asus a try with their Mobos and their graphics cards. I look forward to seeing JJ back on the show.Actually it's good to hear from the reps of the different manufacturers explain about their latest hardware makes the show that much more interesting.