The FCC is pretending to back down from its controversial net neutrality plan

minimalist

http://bgr.com/2014/05/12/fcc-net-neutality-controversy-wheeler/

Federal Communications Commission chairman Tom Wheeler’s plan to let ISPs charge content providers more money to make sure that their traffic gets delivered more quickly is probably not the most popular idea. In fact, it’s not only provoked an outcry from pro-net neutrality advocates but has also led to protests from congressmen,major tech firms and venture capitalists who do a lot of work with tech startups. Because of this backlash, it seems that Wheeler is signaling an intention to back down:The Wall Street Journal reports that the FCC is “revising proposed rules for regulating broadband Internet, including offering assurances that the agency won’t allow companies to segregate Web traffic into fast and slow lanes.”

However, just because Wheeler is signaling an intention to back down, that doesn’t mean that he actually is. The Journal’s sources say that Wheeler’s newest plan “is sticking to the same basic approach but will include language that would make clear that the FCC will scrutinize the deals to make sure that the broadband providers don’t unfairly put non-paying companies’ content at a disadvantage.”

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Well unless I'm missing something pretty bloody huge, it's not possible in a system that segregates connectivity into high and low speed based on how much you pay an ISP to connect to your site to NOT be disasvantaged by not paying

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Lip service from Tom Wheeler I'm so shocked said nobody. I fail to see how making the internet a toll booth is fair. Anytime money is involved in who gets what, it already creates an disadvantage. 

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Oh Wheeler, to think that your first idea was standard old fashioned double talking: It's like he doesn't realizes that unlike him, people opposing and denouncing this crap actually know what they're talking technically and again, unlike him, cannot henceforth be persuaded with the usual empty promises.

He really should just run for Senate instead and try this tried and true "Say one thing and then do the exact opposite anyway" tactics, there's a lot more people with poor understanding of Economy and politics that you can get away with crap like a 2 party system (somewhat), nerds only care about their internet speed and you can't wiggle yourself out of it like this.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I seriously don't understand why they dont just reclassify them........it literally makes no sense at all as to why he doesn't............I wonder how that petition is doing, I know it prob wont do anything in the long run but just curious to see how far its gotten in the past couple of weeks.

I seriously don't understand why they dont just reclassify them........it literally makes no sense at all as to why he doesn't............I wonder how that petition is doing, I know it prob wont do anything in the long run but just curious to see how far its gotten in the past couple of weeks.

It makes perfect sense if you infer his true purpose: To act and rule in favour of ISPs. At this point sadly, there's little he can do to obfuscate that fact.

-------

Current Rig

-------

He doesn't because he works for the cable companies.  It's painfully obvious and this time no one is buying his bullshit. 

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

ummm what about us ltt dark theme users ? ^.^

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Yeah you back the fu** down, you mess with the internet then you are finished, 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

ummm what about us ltt dark theme users ? ^.^

Better?

Why is it an Old man controlling something he doesnt even begin to understand?

A: MONEY, HELL YEAH!!!

PC Gaming forever...

Why is it an Old man controlling something he doesnt even begin to understand?

A: MONEY, HELL YEAH!!!

He understands it perfectly, hence his effectiveness at causing this controversy with his premeditated actions.