Thoughts on the Logitech G502?

looney

Hey there,

I'm looking at getting the Logitech G502, does anyone have experience with it?

If so, how is it?

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Looney! Haven't seen you post in a long while :D (just wanted to say it, sorry haven't used the G502 before though).

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

oh the new one... buy it and tell me if its better than the G400s :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I will buy one in a few weeks, I'll let you know how it is :D

o0 lol, only just now saw that its brand new. 

Was wondering where all the reviews were :P

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

im kinda thinking of getting the G502 or the Func (new revision)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'm very insterested in that mouse. Probably my next buy, still waiting to be commercialized where i live.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

I have had the mouse for about a week. As far as I can tell the G502 is my new favorite mouse. The shape is perfect for my grip, and the side-buttons are the first I've come across where I can press both comfortably without stretching my thumb at all. The sniper button is nicely positioned IMO, because I have to reach to press it, and I don't want to press it or touch it at all when I don't use it. I bound the sniper button to something else than the default, so that I can use it for less important keybindings in games like WoW. The fact that the right mouse button is longer than the left is something that I really appreciate, because I have found myself overreaching only the right button on countless other mice, and I don't understand why not more mouse companies do this.

The scroll wheel has a really high quality feel. It's solid metal and has distinct notches or free scroll mode. Way better than previous wheels with this function. 

The main clicks are IMO perfect. They feel like Omrons (because they are), but feel a bit more crisp IMO than other mice with Omron switches. I think this is because of the buttonplate design. 

The sensor is in theory the best sensor ever made, and I have had no issues with it at all. 

The coating on the mouse is the best I've felt, and the sidegrips are a good balance between the very smooth Deathadder grips, and the very rough Rival grips. They are also way larger, and the design of the mouse makes it so that the sidegrips look like part of the mouse instead of just "stickers". 

The software is the second best I've come across. I prefer the look of the Steelseries Engine 3, but the G502 has a very useful feature in the software; the LED can be turned off after a set time period of inactivity. I made it so that it turns off after 5 minutes of me not touching the mouse at all. This way I don't have to go into the software to turn the LEDs off when I download things throughout the night and let the computer stay on because of that. 

Compared to the Deathadder, the mouse has a way better right side, better positioned side buttons IMO, the clicks feel nicer, the wheel feels more sturdy, but is way louder and a bit harder to press down. I strongly prefer the shape of the G502, but I like that the Deathadder is a bit lighter. 

I hate the Rival shape, so I won't comment on that. 

I prefer the shape to the Naos, because it's way easier to lift and it's not as low profile.

Overall, I think the mouse works well for all types of grips. From palm to fingertip. There's no reason not to buy the mouse unless you don't like the weight or look of it.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II