Looking for a new laptop under 1k :)

Hello, I wish to replace my current HP Pavilion g6 with a gaming/editing/daily use laptop.

1. What is your budget?
1,000$ inculded tax
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15-17 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable
5. How much battery life do you need?
3+ hours, mainy near a power outlet
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I usually only play Final Fantasy:A Realm Reborn; High Setting
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I might run some graphic design programs
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
750gb minium
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 4+ years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not needed but appreciated
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Msi; but I heard it overheats alot . Hp been using their products for years
13. What country do you live in?
United States

Thank you for reading my post :)

i cant really help you i dont think, but i'll be following this post colsely, since a friend of mine is in the same spot :D

also, you might wanna take a look at lenovo, they're not too expensive, and i hear quite good things about them from a couple of friends of mine who have got lenovo laptops, great build quality, they're generally pretty thin for their performance, but the power plug can be a bitch sometimes. idk how the heat's doing on their models.

update; you might wanna take a look at their t-series of laptop's, they're really quite powerfull and all about 1000 bucks

I would look at the msi g series, i can't check right now as i am on my phone, but these pack serious hardware for a decent price.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I know there is a lenovo around that price with dual 750Ms. I think that's what lani100 is talking about.

Found ithttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313740

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

My friend recently got the lenovo ideapad y510p

The laptop is super good for the price and is right in your price bracket. You can get the 1TB version with 8GB of ram for about 1025USD on newegg right now so if you shop around i'm sure you can find it below 1000 if you don't want to pay just another 25 bucks. It's fairly thin, not ultrabook thin but definitely not one of those horrid big bulky designs you see on a lot of gaming laptops either. It has 2 GT755m GPUs in SLI that just give amazing performance for the price. Solid CPU it is just all around a solid performer that concentrates on pure performance and no frills. It also stays really nice and cool usually only about 55C on the hottest parts. Both the RAM and HDD are easy to replace for future upgrades. It only has one of the RAM slots populated in the 8GB versions so it's very easy to bump that up to 16 GB in the future. It also has a small cache SSD that helps speed things up. It would be pretty damn good in some development programs that benefit from nvidia technologies and the speakers on it aren't bad. 

Buuuuuut there are some downsides. The battery life is going to be straddling that 3 hour mark you want. Under load you will get only about 2 hours so just browsing the web and what have you you'll probably only get about 3 1/2 hours at most. The panel is TN I believe and it's passable. The viewing angles are better then most but not by much. But I may just be spoiled from using an IPS panel the last few years xD 

Though the pros on this laptop really outweigh the cons IMO It's a really kick ass deal for the price and would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent powerhouse of a laptop that won't break the bank : )

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"