PS3 Games recommendations

MrHiei

Which games would you recommend for me to pick up? I got my PS3 like a month ago but didn't play too much, since i had a lot of things to do. I already played AC4 , TLoU and I'm currently playing Dark Souls :)

GTA V, Uncharted series, God of war series, killzone series, Littlebigplanet 2, The last of us, Demon souls, and dark souls 2.

Eww Consoles....

1. GTA V
  2. Little Big Planet
  3. Assassins creed series
  4. Tom Clancy Future Soldier
  5. Last Of Us
  6. NBA 2K14
  7. Dark Souls series
  8. God Of War Series

And other stuff... 

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Eww Consoles....

1. GTA V
  2. Little Big Planet
  5. Last Of Us
  6. NBA 2K14
  7. Dark Souls series
  8. God Of War Series

And other stuff... 

No, not future soldier lol

No, not future soldier lol

I thought it was good... a little bit.... OH DONT FORGET CRYSIS

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

LittleBigPlanet 2, Gran Turismo 5, GTA V, The Last of Us

I've already seen those games and i guess LittleBigPlanet 2 is like 5€ here , so i guess i'll get that :)

Eww Consoles....

1. GTA V
  2. Little Big Planet
  5. Last Of Us
  6. NBA 2K14
  7. Dark Souls series
  8. God Of War Series

And other stuff... 

GTA V, Uncharted series, God of war series, killzone series, Littlebigplanet 2, The last of us, Demon souls, and dark souls 2.

I found Killzone Trilogy for 14€, is it a good deal? :D If I ever finish Dark Souls, i'll buy second one too :) I don't know what to think about God of War tho :D And i've already played The Last of Us :)

Last of US

ico + shadow of the colossus HD

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If you have some people to play with PlayStation all stars battle royal is fun. Also wipeout hd is a classic

Rig: AMD FX 8350, Asus Sabertooth 990fx, 16gb Corsair Vengence, Gigabyte R9 290 4GB, Noctua NH-12S, Samsung 840 Evo, WD 1TB Black, Corsair C70, Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster SA350, Acer 193w, Mouse: Cyborg RAT 5. Window 7 Pro

Laptop: Asus x75vd, Intel i5 3210M, 8gb RAM, Nvidia 610m 1gb, 750gb hdd

PS2, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox360

I've already seen those games and i guess LittleBigPlanet 2 is like 5€ here , so i guess i'll get that :)

I found Killzone Trilogy for 14€, is it a good deal? :D If I ever finish Dark Souls, i'll buy second one too :) I don't know what to think about God of War tho :D And i've already played The Last of Us :)

Killzone 2 and 3 were fun for me, but I mostly played MP.

(Last-gen) Console exclusive-wise? Pick up: the Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, God of War, Killzone, Resistance, and inFAMOUS series - some are HD collections along with their PS3 entries; Metal Gear Solid (1-4 & Peace Walker) Collection, LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2,  Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, the Kingdom Hearts HD collections, NIER, Drakengard 3, Tales of ___ series, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Dragon's Crown, Journey, Heavy Rain, Beyond 2 Souls, Ninja Gaiden series, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry HD Collection and Devil May Cry 4 - the DMC3 PC port was buggy, but the HD versions are all right -; 3D Dot Game Heroes - it's an homage to old games like Zelda -, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Catherine, Wipeout HD, Fuse, The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Ni No Kuni - if you love Hayao Miyazaki films, then get ready to play one -, and White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2.

There's more, but I can't think of anymore. Also, The Last of Us and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are sort of cross-gen games since they exist on both last-gen and next-gen consoles. The Last of Us was released on the PS3 at first and ran at something like 720p and 30FPS while the "remaster" or shall I say, "Shadow of the Colossus effect" - SotC seemed like it should of been a PS3 launch title or something rather than a crippled, but awesome PS2 endgame, er... game -, will run at 1080p and 60FPS. It's not much of a big deal, personally, but it might be a consideration. MGSV will be released on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One, with a consideration for the PC which I hope is more than just a consideration and an actual release. Anyway, the PS3 and Xbox 360 run at 30 FPS and 720p. There were reports of frame rate dips on the two on Ground Zeroes and that was just in a small area. Ground Zeroes's (the island) is probably small, but it involves tons of particles, lighting, shadows, animation, AI, etc., so if it dips on a small island, then imagine that on "small" area of Afghanistan with dynamic weather. Anyway, GZ runs at 60 FPS on both the PS4 and Xbox One, but only the PS4 is running at 1080p since Microsoft's memory usage design or something or the other for the Xbox One limits it to lower resolutions. Anyway, I feel like this is another "Shadow of the Colossus effect". Personally, MGSV should have never been released on the last-gen consoles, but since Hideo Kojima was screwed over on developing MGS3 for the PS3 and MGS4 for the PS2 - he didn't get an accurate date of when the PS3 was released -, I'm assuming Kojima is releasing MGSV on both to prevent frustration and a huge overhaul since game development nowadays is much more time-consuming than way back when. Also, the Fox Engine probably costs a ton along with hiring voice actors like Kiefer Sutherland.

Anyway, I would rather have games running at a stable frame rate at whatever resolution, graphical quality, etc., over being pretty, but running like a slideshow. I never want to repeat Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's freeze in midair and such and Mass Effect 2's frame drops and loading times on the PS3, however, console exclusive games tend to run well; multiplatform games are so varied that it's annoying. Still, with the Xbox One and PS4 being so similar compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360, I doubt we'll ever see performance gaps like that. So, personally, if there's a "remaster" or game that on a last-gen and next-gen console, I would rather take the next-gen on since it would probably run better. That being said, I am not a performance or graphics nut. I just like games and that's why I want to have a PC, console(s), and handheld(s), but I would prefer my games to be stable no matter what the consequence in graphical fidelity or whatever they're calling it now.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Gta 5. Gta 5. And Gta5.

its barely any good because of lower rank players getting killed by higher ranks

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

(Last-gen) Console exclusive-wise? Pick up: the Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, God of War, Killzone, Resistance, and inFAMOUS series - some are HD collections along with their PS3 entries; Metal Gear Solid (1-4 & Peace Walker) Collection, LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2,  Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, the Kingdom Hearts HD collections, NIER, Drakengard 3, Tales of ___ series, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Dragon's Crown, Journey, Heavy Rain, Beyond 2 Souls, Ninja Gaiden series, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry HD Collection and Devil May Cry 4 - the DMC3 PC port was buggy, but the HD versions are all right -; 3D Dot Game Heroes - it's an homage to old games like Zelda -, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Catherine, Wipeout HD, Fuse, The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Ni No Kuni - if you love Hayao Miyazaki films, then get ready to play one -, and White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2.

There's more, but I can't think of anymore. Also, The Last of Us and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are sort of cross-gen games since they exist on both last-gen and next-gen consoles. The Last of Us was released on the PS3 at first and ran at something like 720p and 30FPS while the "remaster" or shall I say, "Shadow of the Colossus effect" - SotC seemed like it should of been a PS3 launch title or something rather than a crippled, but awesome PS2 endgame, er... game -, will run at 1080p and 60FPS. It's not much of a big deal, personally, but it might be a consideration. MGSV will be released on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One, with a consideration for the PC which I hope is more than just a consideration and an actual release. Anyway, the PS3 and Xbox 360 run at 30 FPS and 720p. There were reports of frame rate dips on the two on Ground Zeroes and that was just in a small area. Ground Zeroes's (the island) is probably small, but it involves tons of particles, lighting, shadows, animation, AI, etc., so if it dips on a small island, then imagine that on "small" area of Afghanistan with dynamic weather. Anyway, GZ runs at 60 FPS on both the PS4 and Xbox One, but only the PS4 is running at 1080p since Microsoft's memory usage design or something or the other for the Xbox One limits it to lower resolutions. Anyway, I feel like this is another "Shadow of the Colossus effect". Personally, MGSV should have never been released on the last-gen consoles, but since Hideo Kojima was screwed over on developing MGS3 for the PS3 and MGS4 for the PS2 - he didn't get an accurate date of when the PS3 was released -, I'm assuming Kojima is releasing MGSV on both to prevent frustration and a huge overhaul since game development nowadays is much more time-consuming than way back when. Also, the Fox Engine probably costs a ton along with hiring voice actors like Kiefer Sutherland.

Anyway, I would rather have games running at a stable frame rate at whatever resolution, graphical quality, etc., over being pretty, but running like a slideshow. I never want to repeat Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's freeze in midair and such and Mass Effect 2's frame drops and loading times on the PS3, however, console exclusive games tend to run well; multiplatform games are so varied that it's annoying. Still, with the Xbox One and PS4 being so similar compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360, I doubt we'll ever see performance gaps like that. So, personally, if there's a "remaster" or game that on a last-gen and next-gen console, I would rather take the next-gen on since it would probably run better. That being said, I am not a performance or graphics nut. I just like games and that's why I want to have a PC, console(s), and handheld(s), but I would prefer my games to be stable no matter what the consequence in graphical fidelity or whatever they're calling it now.

That's a pretty long list. I didn't even know about 1/2 of those games :D It isn't just console exclusive-wise ;) I'll look at all of those games when i'll have time :)

For everyone: This isn't just console exclusive-wise :) I haven't played games like 1 year already so I don't know what was happening in game industry :D

If you like baseball, MLB The Show has the best career mode of any sports game. Also; the Last of Us, GT5, GTA V. 

The only game i am willing to play on my potatobox is GTA 5, it is an absolutely amazing open game, if it was on PC it would be my most played game for years

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Resistance series, Motorstorm, Full Auto if you can find it is a fun game, 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Uncharted series (kinda helps to start with the first one), battlefield 3(has a few issues but not many), Grand Turismo series, need for speed undercover, ratchet and clank series, just cause 2, mirrors edge

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

• 2 weeks later...

Uncharted series (kinda helps to start with the first one), battlefield 3(has a few issues but not many), Grand Turismo series, need for speed undercover, ratchet and clank series, just cause 2, mirrors edge

Definitely start with the first OP. The later entries are miles ahead in terms of design and it would be extremely hard to go back and play a game that for lack of a better word, feels broken. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

1)Naughty dog games (Tlou,uncharted)

2)Metal Gear Solid series

3)Gran Turismo

4)GTA 5

5)Beyond two souls (yes I know it's a love or hate game but I found it was great)