Any one else shooting Sony ?

Snake

Anyone else out there shooting Sony ? Im going to have a guess there is a lot of people with one of the NEX camera as they are for the price amazing.

Im shooting the Sony A65 which has the same sensor as the A77. Reason why i didnt get the A77 is what it offers for i think a extra £200 was just not worth it for me. AF micro adjustments dont do anything for me as i never shoot in AF, i only ever shoot in full manual.

So what do you think of the Sony line of camera ? i have used 5D Mark III and i just cant use it, not having the EVF and focus peaking bothers me a lot.

Also what are you hoping for the newer SLT line maybe a camera with the same sensor as the nikon d800 as that is a Sony sensor.

Anyway what are you thoughts on Sony cameras.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

I have a sony camera but its more for digital lights uses, its 18mp which is nice however in the dslr range id go with nikon or canon, im not sure what is it about them but they are awesome, currently using the 5d mark 2. I kinda sway to the point that the sensor and camera body/ chassis whatever you wanna call it isnt the biggest factor, its all about the lens, id quote a few that i have but i just cant get the hang of the names they have, my father just brought a crazy lens with a 2.8 aperture, its nice but bit on the heavy side and the addition of the pasty colour adds to bragging rights.

I believe its this one, i havent got the lens at hand but im pretty sure this is it

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/12886/Show.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&utm_term=EF%2070-200mm%20f2.8L%20Lens&gclid=CM6I4JfszL0CFWjKtAod8DgA0g

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have a sony camera but its more for digital lights uses, its 18mp which is nice however in the dslr range id go with nikon or canon, im not sure what is it about them but they are awesome, currently using the 5d mark 2. I kinda sway to the point that the sensor and camera body/ chassis whatever you wanna call it isnt the biggest factor, its all about the lens, id quote a few that i have but i just cant get the hang of the names they have, my father just brought a crazy lens with a 2.8 aperture, its nice but bit on the heavy side and the addition of the pasty colour adds to bragging rights.

I believe its this one, i havent got the lens at hand but im pretty sure this is it

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/12886/Show.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&utm_term=EF%2070-200mm%20f2.8L%20Lens&gclid=CM6I4JfszL0CFWjKtAod8DgA0g

Yeah thats something i would agree with Sony at the moment don't have a big range of lenses which kind of sucks. I like to use old M42 lenses but im looking to get the Sony 50 1.4 and also the Tamron 70-200. 

Thats a very nice lens my uncle has that on his 5d Mark III.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Yeah thats something i would agree with Sony at the moment don't have a big range of lenses which kind of sucks. I like to use old M42 lenses but im looking to get the Sony 50 1.4 and also the Tamron 70-200. 

Thats a very nice lens my uncle has that on his 5d Mark III.

its nice but i might have to go down a notch, ive hit an odd barrier, basically my forearm isnt strong, im not strong overall, holding a 5d mark2 with an extended battery, fat lense and a speedlite ends me, i was at a wedding a few months back and it was pretty hellish after two hours.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have a sony SLT A33 with the 18-70 kit lense and 75-300 telephoto

The camera is pretty awesome, the lenses I have are utter shite, but this camera is just a backup and it does a really nice job.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

its nice but i might have to go down a notch, ive hit an odd barrier, basically my forearm isnt strong, im not strong overall, holding a 5d mark2 with an extended battery, fat lense and a speedlite ends me, i was at a wedding a few months back and it was pretty hellish after two hours.

Yeah that sounds pretty damn heavy maybe try a monopod and black rapid strap. I use a strap like the black rapid and my neck has been saved. But maybe a monopod would help when shooting to take some of the weight.

I have a sony SLT A33 with the 18-70 kit lense and 75-300 telephoto

The camera is pretty awesome, the lenses I have are utter shite, but this camera is just a backup and it does a really nice job.

I was shooting on a A37 and that was a nice place to start for me and i also started out with not the greatest of lenses haha.

Im A Snake.....

You should look into the new sony A7 and A7r series, its a full frame sensor just like the 5d (its practically the same as the nikon d800 since sony make the sensor for nikon) but it fits in a tiny mirrorless camera body like a micro four thirds camera.

Some really amazing lenses due for it too and some decent ones already out, plus mounts for you to fit other lenses on

It isnt the fastest focusing camera (not like my olympus omd) but its image quality is quite breath taking for such  a tiny little thing

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You should look into the new sony A7 and A7r series, its a full frame sensor just like the 5d (its practically the same as the nikon d800 since sony make the sensor for nikon) but it fits in a tiny mirrorless camera body like a micro four thirds camera.

Some really amazing lenses due for it too and some decent ones already out, plus mounts for you to fit other lenses on

It isnt the fastest focusing camera (not like my olympus omd) but its image quality is quite breath taking for such  a tiny little thing

A7 and A7r look amazing for the size but after holding one was not to excited, does not feel right in my hand i like the bulk of a DSLR more i guess.

Im A Snake.....

No, I am a Canon bitch.

I too am a Canon Nikon bitch.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I have this bad boy, with carl zeiss. Well for a cheap camera it lasted for a while but i replaced it for a canon sx-240

3q.jpg

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

First by reading "Anyone else shooting Sony", I thought you meant "Anyone else shooting at Sony"... :lol:

But yeah. For photography I happen to be shooting a Sony cam...   ...corder (f*** me, right?)

post-23506-0-01744500-1397055556.jpg

When getting to DSLRs though, I'll ditch Sony entirely, and just like StormtrooperStu said:

No, I am a Canon bitch.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I've got this point & shoot :

ZURBE.JPG

Here's a picture I took with it :

i0fatVbbKC8lb.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

a77 user here :D

I'm really loving it, it's certainly an excellent camera to work with and I agree 100% about the lack of EVF in the CaNikon cameras xD

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

a77 user here :D

I'm really loving it, it's certainly an excellent camera to work with and I agree 100% about the lack of EVF in the CaNikon cameras xD

Part of me wishes i went for the A77 but ehhh i only shoot in manual focus so not a big deal. And totally the EVF is a game changer once you use it for a decent amount of time you will see what a big difference it makes.

Hoping there new full frame DSLR body type camera is good as i would love a full frame camera like the A99 as its lighter than most full frame DSLR type cameras and Sony in my opinion make some of the best sensors.

Im A Snake.....

Part of me wishes i went for the A77 but ehhh i only shoot in manual focus so not a big deal. And totally the EVF is a game changer once you use it for a decent amount of time you will see what a big difference it makes.

Hoping there new full frame DSLR body type camera is good as i would love a full frame camera like the A99 as its lighter than most full frame DSLR type cameras and Sony in my opinion make some of the best sensors.

More dials and weather sealing was what did it for me. I also got the kit with the 16-50 f/2.8 lens which imho is a brilliant lens.

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

More dials and weather sealing was what did it for me. I also got the kit with the 16-50 f/2.8 lens which imho is a brilliant lens.

More dials always means more fun haha. Also that kit lens looks amazing iv been looking for one just to give it a go and they are like £300 here in the UK

Im A Snake.....

More dials always means more fun haha. Also that kit lens looks amazing iv been looking for one just to give it a go and they are like £300 here in the UK

That's a terrific price deal!

Back when I got mine the lens itself was the equivalent of £500-600 where I live. With the kit I got the camera and lens for only about £250 more than the price of the camera alone.

That's a terrific price deal!

Back when I got mine the lens itself was the equivalent of £500-600 where I live. With the kit I got the camera and lens for only about £250 more than the price of the camera alone.

I think i will most likely get a the Sony 35mm 1.8 and the 50mm 1.4 instead of a zoom. I really would like the tamron 70-200 however take a look at the photos that lens puts out its amazing.

Im A Snake.....

Well if it counts I do have an old Sony Camcorder that shoots in SD. It is a DCR-DVD810. But I upgraded from that to a Canon Legria/Vixia HF G10 1080p Camcorder. Following that I have a Canon EOS 700D which doesn't get used all that much at the moment.

Just one other thing, @Snake, you should've probably worded your thread title better because I agree with @Ruostunut kokis, it sounded as though you were asking if anyone was shooting at Sony. I don't think any one of us would want to do that as we don't exactly wanna be starring at bars for so many years or possibly for the rest of our lives. :P :lol:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Well if it counts I do have an old Sony Camcorder that shoots in SD. It is a DCR-DVD810. But I upgraded from that to a Canon Legria/Vixia HF G10 1080p Camcorder. Following that I have a Canon EOS 700D which doesn't get used all that much at the moment.

Just one other thing, @Snake, you should've probably worded your thread title better because I agree with @Ruostunut kokis, it sounded as though you were asking if anyone was shooting at Sony. I don't think any one of us would want to do that as we don't exactly wanna be starring at bars for so many years or possibly for the rest of our lives. :P :lol:

By reading it wrong I thought about "Shooting at Sony" figuratively, not literally. And by that I mean, bashing Sony about some crappy / not so good products or something like that... Not assaulting Sony HQ... Why would anyone do that?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

By reading it wrong I thought about "Shooting at Sony" figuratively, not literally. And by that I mean, bashing Sony about some crappy / not so good products or something like that... Not assaulting Sony HQ... Why would anyone do that?

Oh crap! I thought that that's what you were saying. Haha, well my bad then :P. Yes, why WOULD anyone do that? :unsure: :huh:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Haha my bad guys I should have seen that the title could be misunderstood easily.

Im A Snake.....

2 weeks ago I bought an RX100M2.

Its a wonderfull piece of device

2 weeks ago I bought an RX100M2.

Its a wonderfull piece of device

Thats awesome, correct me if im wrong isnt that the fastest auto focusing camera in the world or is it a different one by Sony ? I know Sony have a camera which as the fastest AF cant remember which one haha.

Im A Snake.....