[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures

I hate to see your bank balance after this lol.

I hate to see your bank balance after this lol.

Lol yeah Its worth it though, My sponsors helped tremendously but I will still be in this build for at least 2 grand. 

Oh My Gosh!  This build is absolutely insane!  I love it :D

post-42942-0-53387400-1405597182.gif

post-42942-0-53387400-1405597182.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys!! Another forum update! I stretched a little long this time to make sure I had solid content as I have been working hard to finish up the CNC and it is now finally cutting after 6 months! Here is the first test cut with a engraving bit!

eRBPbTV.jpg

I am very excited to say the least! I didnt plan to have this ready for the completion of Cyprus29 so now I get to add a layer of CNCed details to the case! Its going to be awesome! I can now retire the router table, Its got me through to this point and helped me create some awesome stuff by hand. Ill probably still use it here and there though. 

Anyways more goodies from the CNC in the next update! Lets get on with this one! 

First a quick shout to my sponsors you guys rock! I have a Primochill hardline tubing jig on the way for my bends I cant wait to use it I have seen it work wonder!

eYVxpq9.png

This update is primarily painting. I first repainted the MNPCtech billet fan ring.

i9e1189.jpg

CZwuyGI.jpg

The I took all the sexy Swiftech gear and modded it to theme. I have to mod my pump and a GPU block yet but the first GPU block and the CPU block came out fantastic.

I built up the pump and I am going to add a fan to the heatsink and a frame around the base.

09JGRAo.jpg

Nq9XYCh.jpg

The first parts to catch paint were the radiators.

EgvnPhw.jpg

Eo7qPyM.jpg

d0IAmzj.jpg

tw8giO2.jpg

lk44kdp.jpg

ObelPMh.jpg

hskPHvB.jpg

8L4AKRP.jpg

They came out super clean!

VvCxXSC.jpg

cMwMfzr.jpg

Next up to the plate was the Apogee XK Cpu waterblock.

I drilled out the plugs for the mod plate and tapped them to M3. I dont recommend this if you aren't confident in yourself, one slip and you pop right into the center of the block and its ruined! Luckily I made it out alive =D

nM2xahk.jpg

4TwWnyg.jpg

yOD1I1A.jpg

mIT9d4h.jpg

Then I broke it down for paint.

T7g9Y0X.jpg

Pkyx5M8.jpg

I also sleeved the power cable for the led boards with the Mod/Smart Maxcord.

Ntabglq.jpg

8RWsP52.jpg

I was happy with the turn out! I'm going to use the CNC to mill a cut out in the top panel and paint it copper so white light shines through.

2nVdyhR.jpg

HGRfZij.jpg

wSil8WQ.jpg

Next up is the GPU block! First was the tear down process. These are some hardcore water blocks, not the standard 2 layer block there is about 5 or 6 haha. 

Q2f8cFj.jpg

qr5AscS.jpg

d9rsYoo.jpg

vYIqiRN.jpg

wylDSPX.jpg

A1f6a0k.jpg

Okay after that process it was time for paint! 

SuEJVJF.jpg

19npE7P.jpg

TKwfjlD.jpg

Here I drilled out for M3 screws again from the little philips that come with it, then counter sunk this plate.

JgkoiiQ.jpg

buXS4wF.jpg

TFUaTJN.jpg

Back to paint!

2EIeV5Z.jpg

QmdF7tv.jpg

ihzM8Fe.jpg

1UYqAUD.jpg

UEEPlhV.jpg

Here is another screw replacement for m3 for the Gpu logo plate. =D

LXwruoC.jpg

4Tro1en.jpg

oH6bJoN.jpg

Now back to paint haha!

WsK4rqD.jpg

vpQT92x.jpg

MVA2rJR.jpg

0IAFZUg.jpg

Cwd7T9x.jpg

E3SXOD5.jpg

Last up for paint was the back plate.

EuIUNW6.jpg

qOMsLFK.jpg

After everything was painted I reassembled it and holy crap! They don't even look like the same waterblocks!!! I also switched out the black alloy screws for stainless steel screws, I think they matched better. I Can't wait to get these on some 780's and in the build!

NRm7h3M.jpg

pCEu2rU.jpg

lfyDLKS.jpg

9CJ2VQT.jpg

RlfPaob.jpg

7B2iOPz.jpg

Hard to top those blocks but I want to show you the painted reservoir really quick! I got the bottom one in primer, the top one is complete and ready for install though and thats what I want to show. The reason I painted after glueing it on is that the weld-on glue is very strong and would smear the paint right off.

soZmgOK.jpg

CiMP2T9.jpg

4iY09l0.jpg

y0VlRoc.jpg

It was a real paint to mask off inside the pocket the trim created but well worth it in the end!

AYYC5JD.jpg

2DSjaqe.jpg

QdSYCqu.jpg

dCpqiTq.jpg

Well that wraps up another forum update don't forget you can catch daily updates and CNC work at my Facebook page Clockwerk Case Mods! Thanks for watching!! 

seen most of it on your facebook page but damn those waterblocks  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  i wouldnt have the balls to pry apart a waterblock in fear of it not being watertight afterwards, but damn does it pay off

haha yeah its nerve racking but so very worth it! They look so much better now =D...yeah Facebook followers get the daily dose of modding from me =D Then I basically recap 2 weeks worth of work into a forum update...just long enough to keep the interest...I have 15 forums to update thats why I wait so long though. If I only had 5 I would update every week.

Everything looks awesome :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

What kind of theme are you going for?  

BTW nice progress, its gonna be a hell of good looking build! 

Everything looks awesome :)

Thanks!

What kind of theme are you going for?  

BTW nice progress, its gonna be a hell of good looking build! 

Thanks!! Theres nothing in particular I wanted to do copper and white that's about it, I am glad I did because it looks better than I originally thought it would!

Thanks!

Thanks!! Theres nothing in particular I wanted to do copper and white that's about it, I am glad I did because it looks better than I originally thought it would!

yeah, I'm sure Noctua fans wouldn't look to bad with it either.  

PAINT!! Did some one say PAINT!  Your my Hero Jim :P   Looks Fantastic

Cool. I haven't seen a build in this particular case yet.

yeah, I'm sure Noctua fans wouldn't look to bad with it either.  

Yeah I actually am planning to use Noctua Fans. The new industrial 3k RPM ones, except Ill be breaking them down to paint white and copper haha =D 

PAINT!! Did some one say PAINT!  Your my Hero Jim :P   Looks Fantastic

Yeah buddy!! Not bad for rattle cans eh? I cant wait to get a nice airbrush setup and build the Hanoverfist Spray booth try to dust off my autobody skills a little! I took autobody for 2 years in high school but that was 10 years ago now haha

Cool. I haven't seen a build in this particular case yet.

Thanks, since I started there seems to be a handful of other modders with them but not many going to this extreme. Corsaronero333 is the only other modder I know going super in depth in to this case as in full gutting it and reworking the paneling.

i'm in love

|CPU: Intel core i5 3570k @ 4.5GHZ |Motherboard: Asus Z77 -V lx2 Full atx |RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1866MHz |GPU: 2 X ASUS AMD Radeon HD7850 2gb Crossfire |Case: Corsair Carbide 300r |Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2tb2 Samsung 840 120gb ssd raid 0 |PSU: Seasonic 750w 80+ PSU |Display: lg 32" 1080p 60Hz |Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 + 4Noctua NF-P14 scythe Kaze Q-12 Fan Controller |Keyboard: SideWinder X6 |Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 |

Finish it pls. Lol.

LOL working on it man! ITs getting close I got about a month or so left, maybe a month and a half.

i'm in love

Thanks! Me too! =D

​Cyprus 29 is up for Mod of the Month for July 2014 of on Bit-tech, if anyone following the build had an account over there I would really appreciate your support! Voting closes August 25th..There is a thread in the project log section for mod of the month..here is a link! Head on over and show some love, I am down by 1 vote! Help me get a win! MOD OF THE MONTH

• 2 weeks later...

Please check out the above post as well! ^^^^ My build is up for mod of the month on Bit-tech, I would appreciate anyone that can take the time to vote really quick!! Voting ends August 25th!! Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone!! Sorry for the delay in updates, even on my Facebook page its been slow the last couple weeks, I had a lot going on, I had client work, I also had to finish the CNC and get it tweaked and in working order. Now my workload has cleared, I got a new camera and I am back in action on this project! I also decided to start doing video logs for my builds! I recently got a Canon Rebel T5i and it takes amazing photos and videos, so I figured why not, more skills to add on my resume haha. I will start posting my forum updates as a mix of video and photo. Ill be taking 15 photos and embedding a youtube video. Im going to run with this and see how the response is for now. Anyhow, I hope everyone appreciates the time I took to film and edit the videos, I have a lot to learn yet, but I don't think I did all that bad for the first go at it. I am going to do more audio commentary and less invideo explanation as it tends to drag on the clock. Anyways on with the update!

First and foremost as always, thanks to these awesome sponsors! you guys really exceeded my expectations and are helping to make an awesome build come to life, this would of been extremely difficult without your support!

itUs5lF.png

I got a few more items in from Mod/Smart and Primochill! Some more Maxcord paracord, and heatshrink, and a jig for bending rigid plastic tubing! This jig is insanely impressive! Way larger that I imagined it, and should work wonders here shortly when I start installing tubing!

Ixw2NHk.jpg

3Jo01AO.jpg

Po6cHHy.jpg

As I said before I had been super busy over the last few weeks, but I managed to get my bottom case reservoir finished, make a window to my PSU, trim my IO panel, and  make a LED lit solid state panel.

I used my CNC to cut out these little rhombus shapes, and painted them copper, to give a blade effect on the IO panel. when the MB is modded white and copper it will all blend together very well I think!

jgX2xzj.jpg

ScvCwR8.jpg

T8U4TkX.jpg

I also slapped some paint on the bottom reservoir and it ended up just as nice as the top res, they should look pretty sweet paired up in this rig!

WyXZTiM.jpg

raZhVoH.jpg

XRbMZPG.jpg

I got a new bottom case mesh also from a friend Shane on facebook, and fixed my bottom bezel up.

sr0HVus.jpg

a3LOx1S.jpg

The last thing I did was get the SSD mounting panel made. I just have to cut out my Corsair sails on the CNC, paint them copper, and glue them on the SSDs.

2pgQMyQ.jpg

Thats all for the photos, here is my first video update!

I hope you liked the update! Cheers guys see ya soon!

Man that looks awesome :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Man that looks awesome :)

Thanks man!

Wow! This isn't just a computer.. it's art :)

Thanks! I like to look at it as art myself =D

You got my support for Motm.. Looks like the New shooter is working well..

Polish up those stainless screws, make them really pop!

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

You got my support for Motm.. Looks like the New shooter is working well..

Thanks again man! Yeah it is close right now I am tied for 1st! But I have basically been behind until now, it can go anyway.

Polish up those stainless screws, make them really pop!

good idea =D

Honestly I don't know what to think of that contest.

I still have not been contacted for last months 2nd place.

Sigh!