"Green Hornet" 250D - Finished HQ Pics added

Mad Max

Low light photos from the point-n-shoot, lol. I really need to hurry up and decide on which DSLR. The lighting is courtesy of (2) 12cm green Alchemy led strips; one on the left side top frame rail pointing down and the other is on the top rear panel lip pointing down. Also, the radiator fans each have 4 green leds, 

Left side.

post-26662-0-60298400-1393556748.jpg

Right side

post-26662-0-54848400-1393556751.jpg

Front panel open

post-26662-0-28895200-1393556746_thumb.j

Birds Eye View

post-26662-0-66925500-1393556750.jpg

Did some more tweaking and now stable 4.5ghz / 1.281v.  Just started maximizing the 780, but it's stable as shown. Temps are mid 60°C on the CPU, but GPU barely touches 45°C under load. 

post-26662-0-95114200-1393557515_thumb.j

Only thing left to do is pick up a short sata cable for the 5.25 drive and a pair of 3.5" Hdds. Otherwise, I'd say this build is complete.

That's amazing.. when I first saw the green tubes I was like, why? 
Then I saw the pictures where the rig is running with the green LEDs. I got it, looks awesome! Well done. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Wow, really nice build! could you maybe stuff some extra drives in there? Give it like 16TB of storage. lols, just kidding but if you did it would be a feat indeed.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Since i have been asked a couple times already about fitting the 30mm rad and 25mm fans with the Z87i-deluxe daughter board in this rig:

It is a very tight fit. I had to shave the polymer vibration pads on the rear 120mm fan and still barely got it in there. It's tight enough that I screws where not needed to hold the rear fan in place. Also the rear 120mm fan is mounted with the top 2 screws and the front fans is using the top rear and lower front screws to clear the daughter board and 5.25 device. I'd go with a 25mm thick rad with 25mm thick fans to make it fit nicer. 

Wow, really nice build! could you maybe stuff some extra drives in there? Give it like 16TB of storage. lols, just kidding but if you did it would be a feat indeed.

I could build a hdd cage that would mount under the floor for a pair 4TB 3.5" drives and cut a slot for cables, plus a pair of 4tb drives in the rear cages and still have a pair of ssds. It could happen fairly easily.

Since i have been asked a couple times already about fitting the 30mm rad and 25mm fans with the Z87i-deluxe daughter board in this rig:

It is a very tight fit. I had to shave the polymer vibration pads on the rear 120mm fan and still barely got it in there. It's tight enough that I screws where not needed to hold the rear fan in place. Also the rear 120mm fan is mounted with the top 2 screws and the front fans is using the top rear and lower front screws to clear the daughter board and 5.25 device. I'd go with a 25mm thick rad with 25mm thick fans to make it fit nicer. 

I could build a hdd cage that would mount under the floor for a pair 4TB 3.5" drives and cut a slot for cables, plus a pair of 4tb drives in the rear cages and still have a pair of ssds. It could happen fairly easily.

haha sounds like a plan.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

New pics in first post. Finally got pissed off enough at my point-n-shoot to upgrade to a DSLR.  :D

Looks great mate, solid effort!

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

Wow really nice work mate, you did a great job at making it look tidy in that small 250D too!  :)

New pics in first post. Finally got pissed off enough at my point-n-shoot to upgrade to a DSLR.  :D

Which one?

beautiful!!!!

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

its amazing you can fit so much in such a small amount of space

Is there any make/model of 25mm rad that is able to fit in the tight space?

It is amazing how you fit everything in such a small case. 

Which one?

Nikon D5300. Shot those with the 18-55mm kit lens.

Is there any make/model of 25mm rad that is able to fit in the tight space?

I was thinking that the rad in the H110i was 25mm, but according to the spec sheet it is 27mm which fits with 1-2mm clearance. The low profile Swiftech 240mm rad is 29.6mm thick which isn't much better than the Alphacool ST30 that I used; however it may be just enough to get the job done. The 30mm rad will fit if you don't mind getting creative. I could have shaved off another 1.5mm from my fan body if needed. Also, if you are not using either the Asus Impact or Z87i-deluxe, clearance won't be an issue.

Thanks for the information, I think will go with the 120mm X 20mm fan instead.

Really nice build you have. :)

Wow thats packing a lot of punch in a small case, good job :)

got to love Asus components

• 1 month later...

-snip-

i just quoted that post so you would see my question, im sorry D:

Is there a clearance issue with a 140mm rad and the GPU and the PSU cables? what the gap seize about?

cant seem to find an answer on the interwebs, and where better to ask a question then here? :D

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

i just quoted that post so you would see my question, im sorry D:

Is there a clearance issue with a 140mm rad and the GPU and the PSU cables? what the gap seize about?

cant seem to find an answer on the interwebs, and where better to ask a question then here? :D

With my psu (Seasonic SS-660xp2) being fully modular and only ~160mm long, the cable connections have plenty of clearance to make the bend towards the center of the case.  I used the sata power connections closest to the outside of the case to help with clearing the 140 rad. The pair of 6+2 cables for GPU power are ran between the gpu backplate and the 140 radiator body, however case's internal height requires a tight bend in the cables to get the top on.  The gap from the rear of the 140 radiator to the motherboard platform is approximately 1-1/4" which requires about the tightest bend possible on the 24pin and 8pin connectors on this board to get between the rad and platform.  My 24pin cable is gently resting against the rear of the 140 rad.  I tried putting the stock 140 fan grille on the rad but felt that the extra bend needed to get the 24pin routed was placing unnecessary stress on the motherboard connection and ultimately removed the grille.  My excess cabling is ran into bundles in the area under the 240 rad mount beside the 140 rad.  The pump/res and required plumbing eliminated all usable area under the gpu overhang; however there is enough height that I can remove the res lid to fill and service the loop.

Hopefully this answers your question.  I'll try to post a couple pics in a day or so to show these areas.

-snip-

thank you for your detailed answer.

Do you think that custom cables would help with the cables near the HDD drives?

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

thank you for your detailed answer.

Do you think that custom cables would help with the cables near the HDD drives?

I was going to build custom length cables then decided against it as they would block more airflow through the 140 rad than the stock cable lengths routed as I have done. The only thing limiting the airflow is the 24pin cable which is something that can't be helped. The 8pin clears the rad. 

Most definitely would help installing/changing drives. The sata power cable with my psu is fairly rigid combined with the tight quarters at the drive connections made it a pain to connect up.  I had to mount and wire the drives out the back opening of the case then slide them in with one hand while guiding the cables back into the case.  There is a pocket between the ssd portion of the cage and psu wall that I was able to stow the excess sata data cable length into.  The front panel connector, fan, and led power cables are ran under the 240rad mount and zip tied to the unused lower fan mounting holes.