Episode 2 - Handy Tech Under $100

LinusTech

This is the second video in our "handy tech under $100" series. I hope you enjoy it. The idea is to take our usual "unboxing" and "review" concepts and apply them to some little interesting things that we bought or noticed over the last little while.

1. Nomad ChargeKEY

Direct Link: http://www.hellonomad.com/products/chargekey-micro-usb

2. Plugable USB to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Amazon: http://georiot.co/FnI

3. Titanium SmartFast 16 Battery Charger

Amazon: http://georiot.co/2kas

4. Air Dock magnetic & micro suction cup Qi wireless charging phone/tablet dock

indiegogo: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-air-dock

sweet i have $30 amazon voucher just sitting on my account i finally have a use for it :D thanks linus 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

@LinusTech it's unlisted?

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

@LinusTech it's unlisted?

takes a while before youtube approves it give it a bit 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Holy crap, the 16-battery bay is amazing.

The ChargeKEY is genius :o. The Apple charging bricks are virtually everywhere but no one seems to have a micro-usb cable on them when my phones about to die.

The Titanium Smart Fast interested me a lot, though I have yet to see it in a European store.

If anyone finds one I would appreciate if you could share it.

The dock and the charger are compelling. I dunno how much I want to play tug-o-war with a phone dock though.....hmm.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

I would suggest the useless box,but it's not handy. D:

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I like dat box

I would suggest the useless box,but it's not handy. D:

like the dock, but have htc one

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

I welcome more of these videos. I will always want to  keep up on  pc components and new features and technologies. Although I do build machines for friends and families quite often, they usually tend not to be the newest high end stuff most of the videos focus on. I only build a high end machine for myself once every 2-3 years and things change so quickly that most of the videos I have  watched  are irrelevant by the time I do. That being said this stuff is more relevant to me in the short term and I would love to see more videos in this series on cheap cool devices that I can think about purchasing right now. Even more cool when you inform me  about interesting  kickstarts or indigogos.

NZXT SWITCH 810~MSI Z87GD65~THERMALTAKE TOUGH POWER GRAND 750W~I7-4770K @ 4.2~MSI GTX770 GAMING EDITION~16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO RED CL9~CORSAIR H110 WITH 4 NOCTUA 140MM PWM~SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB~WD GREEN 2TB~NZXT SENTRY2 FAN CONTROLLER~BITFENIX SLEEVED CABLE KITS BLACK AND RED ~  COOLER MASTER CM STORM TRIGGER CHERRY MX BLUE~LOGITECH G500 ~SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER  BX2450 LED~ CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2000 

Titanium SmartFast 16 Battery Charger, it looks very handy!!  I think I will buy one of those.  Thanks !

I recently purchased it's big brother, the Astro3 (12000mAh version), and it is fantastic. It's able to charge an iPad, Motorola smartphone, and iPod touch at the same time without breaking a sweat. Charging up and iPod touch from 20% to full twice only takes about 10% of the Astro's battery. 40% of iPad charge roughly took up half. Totally useless information but re-juicing a fully dead Pebble to full didn't even budge the meter on the Astro. I absolutely recommend the Astro line of batteries. There is one con though: charging the battery takes from 3 to 6 hours (using the wall charger the complete kit includes, or any charger).

One thing that really isn't the battery's fault is that last weekend, after a short two block walk to a convention center, the micro usb plug on the cable that comes with it was bent 45 degrees. The cable was coiled up nice and neat and stowed in the top of the battery's carrying bag unplugged; the carrying bag was in a front hoodie pocket with no pressure applied to it. Tomorrow I will contact Anker support to see if i can purchase a new one. Overall great battery.

*EDIT* I contacted Anker Direct ( about a month ago now) and within 24 hours they shipped me a new cable free of charge. Thier support was great to work with. Can't recommend their products enough. 

bTSGyfP.jpg

• 2 weeks later...