Can you CrossFire connect R9-270X with HD7850?

I am running a Sapphire Dual X AMD Radeon HD 7850, and i am planning to buy a Gigabyte R9-270X and I was wondering whether I would be able to connect them both by CrossFire.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I am running a Sapphire Dual X AMD Radeon HD 7850, and i am planning to buy a Gigabyte R9-270X and I was won....

There may be some modded driver of the sorts, but I wouldn't I would get two 270x as the 7850 will hold it back 

Not likely.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

There may be some modded driver of the sorts, but I wouldn't I would get two 270x as the 7850 will hold it back 

I just got the HD 7850 last November. Is it worth buying a new R9-270X or should I wait till next year or something?

Yes.

It will disable the cores tha are disabled on the 7850 and if your 7850 has 1GB VRAM, it will disable the 1GB on the 270X as well. If that's true don't do it because 1GB isn't enough.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I just got the HD 7850 last November. Is it worth buying a new R9-270X or should I wait till next year or something?

I would wait till next generation of cards if I were you anything below a 280x won't be a well worth upgrade for you 

It should crossfire since they are the same GPU, but the 270X will be limited to 7850 performance. There would be no reason to get a 270X over a 270 or HD7850/7870 if you can find them cheaper. 

Yes you can

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

• 5 months later...

I am running a Sapphire Dual X AMD Radeon HD 7850, and i am planning to buy a Gigabyte R9-270X and I was wondering whether I would be able to connect them both by CrossFire.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The older 7850 uses a finger method to crossfire between cards, while the newer 270x crossfires through the pci express. So it will be incompatible. The 270x will have to downgrade and down perform to twin the 7850. 

this is not possible, or recommended as they are both different architecture GPU's. Sorry.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

You can but the frame latency will be higher due to the variation in frame rendering times between both GPUs due to the performance delta.
I'd Crossfire a 290 with a 290X since both have a hardware frame timer but not on Pitcarin (270X,270,265,7870 & 7850)

• 2 years later...

Sorry I'm so late. I can confirm this is possible because I am currently running a setup with these two cards crossfired happily. No latency, no micro-stutter, nothing.