Install windows without USB and no touchscreen

Quinten Verhelst

Hi

An annoying situation, I need to repair/reinstall windows on a HP elitepad 900. Problem, the thing does not have a USB port, only a micro SD card. I can boot of that SD card no problem but I cannot continue because touch is not enabled in the windows install language select menu. 

I can however get into the windows recovery menu. (Image below). Here i cannot do anything unfortunatly, both "refresh install" and "reset factory defaults" give the error "something went wrong"

Have you guys got any idea how I can repair the windows install?

Thanks!

FFZVOERxLOmzJb6mp1PNVnYJdHI8CWe7hBa4DwbRgiK6Btwh8NauSrbu7lzAXPPrGCBWwPVzEwdoKTqA1us_Fnc1lOZykx4iVwF0xfY3j3b1TnweaZv8bhN-O8ClkDCgTQiROP64lC3I7IQq1VyAKodD8ewMWzgKFJ3IELimiZfVSfab5WjX8ySehggucNmWEfxfo6azDqXbdD4nf-BxGTsLCqR48fJ73sxFHybD_5URRzjoXY7n8v7nrZd5GjQ7D41ewZHJxkINO9ZFM9bCE9EOJ02_2fjz9gv5w1QyCNZVPnf8xFSp-4MTDw6Yg0-tLqQQvo99wgUgaHVffZPx58-J43FlwoP9k7UFL0OT4wna4YCKIRhINdj6akpv1OYdZbMSFZJiTuo4hFbFsO2XlTn6YSl3ej7QG_5NkWn-ws9ENzw6SYyH3ParJpNNntmumeqIu9qw1Ik-DWFczpDIuRasr6Ld0ux-zr98yztQx0nNms17xri7QLA78YrL_RFlhyf66BwuxPPRaM7E5t7F62TOU9VjZZoY_g_6mVkU3bjBbnzM7pVoD-qhTGCdy30uhXjnYUKB1sXQwP8itt0ev8OqMA72ditvtv2ySfT1dFRasCdIYl30pPysE4Fklc6bWFJutS6ea74AMF-l3jcZsysXVw=w997-h1329-no

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Are you installing Windows 10 or 8?

I don't care what os, I tried both but none of them have touch support on the install screen

13 minutes ago, Quinten Verhelst said:

I don't care what os, I tried both but none of them have touch support on the install screen

Ok, well if you have the dock for it, you have USB ports.

If you have the keyboard cover, you can use the keyboard keys to navigate (use the Tab key and Shift+Tab).

But else than that, you need to setup a automated process called: unattended install, which @r4tch3t provided a nice tutorial to make one.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Ok, well if you have the dock for it, you have USB ports.

If you have the keyboard cover, you can use the keyboard keys to navigate (use the Tab key and Shift+Tab).

But else than that, you need to setup a automated process called: unattended install

4 minutes ago, r4tch3t said:

You could create an unattended install. That way it'll install itself. 

https://m.windowscentral.com/how-create-unattended-media-do-automated-installation-windows-10

Didn't know that was possible, will try that right away