Lags & stutters - Workstation GPU Upgrade, 1060 or 1070?

BouncyChillups

Hi guys,

I have a pc at home, which I am very happy with. Build it last year, I use it mainly for productivity (Heavy photo editing with Photoshop, Capture One) and some videos and surfing.

I use two BenQ monitors at 1440p (BenQ GW2765HT) for my photo work and sometimes, when I watch a video on one monitor and edit on the other, there are short stutters, where the sound and video lags for a very short period. 
It sounds and looks like its about to freeze, but goes on without a hitch after not even half a second.
When I game, which I do very rarely, but still, the same phenomenon happens, for example in GTA V. 
Now my question is: Is my GPU too weak? When I run task manager or cpu hw, the GPU load is 100%, so it should be fairly obvious. 
This is my system:

Amd Ryzen 7 1700X
beQuiet! - Dark Rock 3 Cpu Cooler
MSI X370 Gaming Plus ATX AM4
G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x 16GB) DDR4-3200Mhz
Samsung 850 Evo-Series 500GB
Crucial MX300 500GB
Western Digital Blue 2TB
Palit - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB StormX
NZXT S340
be Quiet - Pure Power 10 400W 80+ Silver

Now I plan on upgrading it a bit. Mainly a new cooler, I'm still debating if it's gonna be noctua dh-15 or some sort of aio with a 280mm radiator.

But mainly, I want to upgrade the GPU. Budgetwise, of course I want to get away with as little as possible, so I'm debating if the GTX 1060 6GB will improve things much or if I just have to bite the bullett and invest in an 1070.
My max for both cooler and gpu would be around 450/500€.

What do you guys think? Is it worth the upgrade to a 1060 or will I just regret not going to the 1070 in the long run?

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

where are you buying? Germany? The Netherlands? Belgium? France?

Germany 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler €72.89 @ Aquatuning
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB Video Card €449.00 @ Amazon Deutschland
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total €521.89
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-23 12:15 CET+0100  

a little over budget, but a great cooler and a card that's worth the premium over the 1070. maybe you can find a deal on a 1070 ti in germany, but I don't see anything special listed in pcpartpicker

Thanks! What do you think about these upgrades:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (€85.90 @ Alternate) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  (€399.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €485.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-23 12:18 CET+0100

the nhd15 and dark rock pro 4 perform about the same, I just like the pro 4 more because of the looks (personal prefference)

I would pay that extra 50 bucks for the ti, with a little overclock it will perform on par with a stock 1080