Apple and Samsung CEOs to meet before February 19th, give peace another chance

Youbetternot

Looks like Apple and Samsung are going to try to meet peace once again. This time it will be on Feb. 19th, they want to do this to avert a trial in March. I am going to say this won't work out.

iphone-galaxy-630.jpg

Previous attempts by Apple and Samsung to negotiate a truce in the patent wars haven't exactly panned out, but they haven't given up hope yet. The companies' CEOs have just agreed to attend mediated settlement discussions no later than February 19th, potentially averting a trial in March (and likely future legal action). We'd like to believe that Apple and Samsung will finally reach an understanding, but we're not optimistic given how long the two have been at each other's throats.

Short

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/08/apple-and-samsung-ceos-to-meet-before-february-19th/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Patent battles are always fun

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Why? If they get in bed with each other that's going to be a problem. 

let them fight and we can feast off the entrails of the bloodied corporation treading the line at the moment. 

(to be clear, I'm not defending patent trolling though)

Error: 410

Uh, a news article that doesn't portray Apple as the ultimate satan and admits that Samsung is taking an active part in this war as well, that's new. Good to see they will try to work something out.

I too, do not think this will work out.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Actually in last December VR-Zone published an article, reporting that a Korean Officals saying that Apple and Samsung were talking about a royalties deal, and the talks were at a “working level”. I hope they will come out with a resolution this time...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95773-apple-and-samsung-reportedly-in-talks-to-resolve-patent-disputes/

I don't see why they couldn't agree to cross-own patent rights much like what Windows and Apple did back in the day when Apple sued Microsoft on 'look and feel' being copied in Windows 1.0. It would save them all the fuss and money.