Zen+ on B350 motherboard

Go to solution Solved by Origami Cactus,

If you get a b350 board that has not been standing in the warehouse for 2 years, chances are that it will already have the bios to support the r+ series.

But if you somehow get a motherboard which hasn't been updated, then you can order amd bootkit, they will send you a cpu to update the bios. Most probably you can also take the motherboard back into the shop and they will update it for you.

But before considering to buy a b350 board, look at the price for b450 tomahawk and b450 pro 4.

If they are close enough get these instead.

Hello, I'm planning on building a PC (once I get sufficient funds) that's going to use a Ryzen 2600. Is it possible to use a B350 mothrrboard instead of a B450 ir an X470 motherboard? I've heard that you'd need a regular Zen CPU to install the BIOS for the Zen+ to work. Is this true? How would I flash the BIOS? Is it possible to contact AMD and get a low-end AM4 CPU to do it? Please help.

Tell me if you need me to clarify.

If you get a b350 board that has not been standing in the warehouse for 2 years, chances are that it will already have the bios to support the r+ series.

But if you somehow get a motherboard which hasn't been updated, then you can order amd bootkit, they will send you a cpu to update the bios. Most probably you can also take the motherboard back into the shop and they will update it for you.

But before considering to buy a b350 board, look at the price for b450 tomahawk and b450 pro 4.

If they are close enough get these instead.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.