please help me i cannot recover my password

Please help me. I have lost my steam gmail, and my mother's cousin bought me 5 dollars on steam and they are asking for information of it even though I don't know. If I use reset password it asks for my password. Can anyone help me. Oh and my brother took my number so I cannot recover.

23 minutes ago, burhanu said:

Please help me. I have lost my steam gmail, and my mother's cousin bought me 5 dollars on steam and they are asking for information of it even though I don't know. If I use reset password it asks for my password. Can anyone help me. Oh and my brother took my number so I cannot recover.

i'm sorry to break it to you, but this is the LTT forum, not steam support. Contact steam please

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

i saw someone post please help on steam that is why i posted

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

49 minutes ago, burhanu said:

it wont work. it asks for my password even though i did not recover it

Then you're doing something wrong. If you click forgot password and it asks for your password, that's idiotic. 

Also why not just do the sms recovery and ask your brother for the code that it sends. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Then you're doing something wrong. If you click forgot password and it asks for your password, that's idiotic. 

Also why not just do the sms recovery and ask your brother for the code that it sends. 

im in another place and i cant contact my brother

There is no way to change your steam password without access to the number you linked in 2fa, you'll have to wait until you can get in contact again with your brother again.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

This is sounding all very suspicious. 

I thought the same, But I'll entertain the discussion as if its not because. 1, he might be legit and 2, even if he's not, there is no easy (or explainable way on these forums) to get access to an account with 2fa if you don't have access to the number or access to steam servers.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I thought the same, But I'll entertain the discussion as if its not because. 1, he might be legit and 2, even if he's not, there is no easy (or explainable way on these forums) to get access to an account with 2fa if you don't have access to the number or access to steam servers.

i will wait till i get contact with my brother for 2 days

2 minutes ago, burhanu said:

i will wait till i get contact with my brother for 2 days

Ans some advice for the future:

When you do, create a new email account that will not change (i.e not with your ISP), keep it solely for steam and banking. Do not use it for games or anything else, that way it is easier to avoid spam and you know the only people who have it are the bank and steam.  I have an outlook email for such accounts and keeping it from everything else means that I am less likely to have my financials (which I consider my steam library and paypal to be one of) compromised if a forum I use or game server has a security breach.

Open a support ticket and they ask for information on your account like credit card or number associated with it, then they give you a password reset etc. 

I'VE GOT MY ACCOUNT BACK FROM A STEVE WORKER DONNA! IM VERY HAPPY!!!

2 hours ago, burhanu said:

I'VE GOT MY ACCOUNT BACK FROM A STEVE WORKER DONNA! IM VERY HAPPY!!!

Good ol' steve workers, glad you're back :)

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s