Why Microsoft?!

iKingRPG

Anyone notice that Microsoft Office Home and School is about $160 and the Home and business one is $230?! I mean the only difference anybody cares about is that the business comes with Outlook.. I mean, really?!

13 minutes ago, iKingRPG said:

Anyone notice that Microsoft Office Home and School is about $160 and the Home and business one is $230?! I mean the only difference anybody cares about is that the business comes with Outlook.. I mean, really?!

Buisness arent like individual customers like me and you.We factor in  price performance before we buy anything.Buisness are the opposites,they go for the best no matter the price.

Microsoft takes advantage of this,hence the higher price.

If you are a student  and have a school e-mail, you can get Office 365 for free. That is a license for 5 PCs, and 5 devices (phone/tablets).

So nothing to buy.

But beside that, I don't get your questions. You have Outlook for 70$. If you don't think Outlook is not worth it, then don't get it.

If you buy the license of Office instead of subscribing, the price is for 1 PC only.

Anyway, if you still want to buy it, make sure you get the 2019 version, and not the 2016 version

Oh, they've raised pricing then. It used to be €120 for Home and Student Office. Actually it still kinda is, €130 for H&S, €240 for H&B. Full license for single PC. Or €100 for 365 for a year for 5 PCs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 11/18/2018 at 11:55 PM, akialwayz said:

Buisness arent like individual customers like me and you.We factor in  price performance before we buy anything.Buisness are the opposites,they go for the best no matter the price.

Microsoft takes advantage of this,hence the higher price.

Well I have to pay for business just so I can get Outlook. I guess Microsoft is Microsoft...

On 11/19/2018 at 12:02 AM, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Because they are for 2 different markets. Just like Windows 10 Home is $225 and Windows 10 Pro is $339.

I know but windows 10 pro actually has extra features (that's why I have it).

On 11/19/2018 at 6:47 AM, GoodBytes said:

If you are a student  and have a school e-mail, you can get Office 365 for free. That is a license for 5 PCs, and 5 devices (phone/tablets).

So nothing to buy.

But beside that, I don't get your questions. You have Outlook for 70$. If you don't think Outlook is not worth it, then don't get it.

If you buy the license of Office instead of subscribing, the price is for 1 PC only.

Anyway, if you still want to buy it, make sure you get the 2019 version, and not the 2016 version

It is actually 6 devices. I used to have that but I left school for homeschool so they cancelled my account.

I bought Office 365 instead, but honestly 2016 isnt much different from 2019. The sad part is I had to buy it just so I could have outlook for desktop. Eh.. they could at least sell outlook separately... Idk.

On 11/19/2018 at 12:04 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Oh, they've raised pricing then. It used to be €120 for Home and Student Office. Actually it still kinda is, €130 for H&S, €240 for H&B. Full license for single PC. Or €100 for 365 for a year for 5 PCs.

Just so you know Euros € aren't same as USD $. One € is smaller than one $. No offense to you.

On 11/19/2018 at 6:40 AM, iKingRPG said:

Anyone notice that Microsoft Office Home and School is about $160 and the Home and business one is $230?! I

I think it is a scam because these products together with windows 10 a nowhere near worth the asking price. I always wonder who actually pays that price except for businesses. It is insane but then does it really matter when you can buy it for less than 10%?

2 hours ago, iKingRPG said:

Just so you know Euros € aren't same as USD $. One € is smaller than one $. No offense to you.

Since you don't do price comparison between US and rest of the world as often as I do, I don't expect you to understand things. Usually hardware is cheaper in US, but software is priced about the same. This works for games as well as Windows. But I've also seen MS trying to keep price for Windows same after conversion while keeping USD price as baseline. Which is why I say they've raised prices in US compared to EUR.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, iKingRPG said:

Well I have to pay for business just so I can get Outlook. I guess Microsoft is Microsoft...

Outlook hasn't come with Home and Student since 2007, and I don't think previous versions had full outlook, just outlook express.

I know but windows 10 pro actually has extra features (that's why I have it).

What do you think outlook is?

On 11/19/2018 at 1:02 AM, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Because they are for 2 different markets. Just like Windows 10 Home is $225 and Windows 10 Pro is $339.

in what currency windows 10 home is 229$ ?

On 11/23/2018 at 4:38 AM, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Outlook hasn't come with Home and Student since 2007, and I don't think previous versions had full outlook, just outlook express.

What do you think outlook is?

I don't mean I bought "outlook home or student" I didn't even know that was ever a thing. I mean I bought home and business version of office 365 so it would come with Outlook.

Outlook is an email service that is free, but Outlook the desktop app isn't free.

I don't mean I bought "outlook home or student" I didn't even know that was ever a thing. I mean I bought home and business version of office 365 so it would come with Outlook.

Outlook is an email service that is free, but Outlook the desktop app isn't free.

You don't seem to get it, and I don't understand how you don't seem to get it.

Outlook is not in home and student, because people who want outlook, will get home and business. It's literally exactly the same as Windows Home vs Windows Pro vs Windows Enterprise. Do you not understand a tier system business model?

On 11/24/2018 at 3:41 PM, Comic_Sans_MS said:

You don't seem to get it, and I don't understand how you don't seem to get it.

Outlook is not in home and student, because people who want outlook, will get home and business. It's literally exactly the same as Windows Home vs Windows Pro vs Windows Enterprise. Do you not understand a tier system business model?

i get it but i just am bothered that the price gap is so huge. Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro. I use pro for things like remote desktop and update delays, etc. I understand that. But i get less people use outlook for desktop probably only because of the price. In other words, it is the same plan just with 1 more app anybody cares about. They want the rest of us to use "Mail for Windows 10" with ads.

1 hour ago, iKingRPG said:

i get it but i just am bothered that the price gap is so huge. Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro. I use pro for things like remote desktop and update delays, etc. I understand that. But i get less people use outlook for desktop probably only because of the price. In other words, it is the same plan just with 1 more app anybody cares about. They want the rest of us to use "Mail for Windows 10" with ads.

You forget that the license is different between the 2 editions.

-> Home & Student is for doing personal (and school) documents only.

-> Home & Business give you the right to use the software for commercial application. If you have are a business, you are forced to take this version (or the Business Office 365 subscription, if you want Office suite).