looking for a new psu, is this one quality?

travismoritz

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182398&Description=rosewill gold psu&cm_re=rosewill_gold_psu-_-17-182-398-_-Product

Rosewill Lepton 500w Modular (80+ Gold)

($30)

For an 80+ gold fully modular power supply, $30 seems too good to be true. Does anyone with extensive PSU knowledge know if this is quality or is it gonna blow up on me?

Thanks

1 minute ago, travismoritz said:

$30 seems too good to be true.

Seconded

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Seconded

Well its on sale, but I still dont know. Rosewill certainly isnt a no-name brand but they arent exactly the most reliable

2 minutes ago, travismoritz said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182398&Description=rosewill gold psu&cm_re=rosewill_gold_psu-_-17-182-398-_-Product

Rosewill Lepton 500w Modular (80+ Gold)

($30)

For an 80+ gold fully modular power supply, $30 seems too good to be true. Does anyone with extensive PSU knowledge know if this is quality or is it gonna blow up on me?

Thanks

Rosewell are known for budget components but they very common.80plus gold for 30$ is a good deal.

P.B-they wont be good for overclocked systems but normal gaming and stock system will be fine.

1 minute ago, travismoritz said:

Well its on sale, but I still dont know. Rosewill certainly isnt a no-name brand but they arent exactly the most reliable

Unfortunately the Lepton line isn't listed on the PSU tier list, might be a little new. Is there any easy way for you to compare it to their other products?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

We don't have much information. No review or even full internal photos.

Looking at the specs we see no Over Temperature Protection listed. Even budget power supplies should include a full set of protections.

Might be somewhat like this: http://www.f14lab.com/2018/05/review-andyson-gx600-600w.html seeing it has the same input filter, general design, heatsinc, same transformer, and same markings.

The Andyson GX in that review is alright.  To put that into comparison, the voltage regulation and ripple are just shy of the Corsair CXM's. Hold up is out of spec by ~4ms, fan profile seems okay. Fan is probably sleeve. But again, no OTP.

Better to avoid because of the risk you'd be taking. The review for the Andyson doesn't go very in depth, so flaws may still be hiding there. And some components may differ with the Rosewill even though they're the same platform.

I recommend a Corsair CX or CXM grey label if you're in the US.