Quick help with choosing a monitor

mtv_tommy

Hello there! :)

I'm new to monitors and would like some feedback for a monitor I'm looking to replace. My current monitor is Asus 24" VS248H, I was thinking of getting a 27" monitor with 2k display (from my research i think it's the optimal size/ resolution combination, especially for the light productivity work I do and with photos and video editing )

I was looking at getting either Del S2719DGF or Del U2715H .

Quick link to all the 3 monitors compared in order: https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/e19e81c41 (the one I have, a TN gaming monitor, and an IPS)

My daily use consists in some video or photo editing, watching youtube/streams (and movies ofc :) ) and some light gaming ( I play games like WoW, Killing floor 2, Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, Wither 3, Path of Exile), but not at a competitive level.

PC setup: Ryzen 1700 with a Gtx 1080

Because I don't game competitively i was thinking of getting an IPS display but a lot of reviews i read /watch on youtube swear by a 100+ refresh rate (even when not gaming because of eye strain), while others say that a TN panel is not worth getting at any cost because of their bad colors. 

Since you guys have more expertise with monitors I was hoping to bounce my dilemma with your experience and try to make up my mind :).

Thanks for your time reading my post ^_^

17 hours ago, mtv_tommy said:

while others say

It's best to not listen much to what people say.

17 hours ago, mtv_tommy said:

I was looking at getting either Del S2719DGF or Del U2715H

Either would suffice. IPS or TN would suffice.