How Much is a Used 1060 Worth?

TTesla

So I've been hearing some advocacy for checking out the local craigslist and used PC market, and I came across some 1060 3gb cards I was interested in. If an owner claims the card has never been overclocked, not mined on, is just under 1 year old, and in excellent condition, how much would that card be worth?

Also how do I make this calculation myself in the future?

I see a new one gets down to 210 USD. 

Thanks a bunch 

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

a good calculation is take a new one and subtract 15-25% off it so i would say around 165 since it was mined on

1 minute ago, Happycowdance said:

a good calculation is take a new one and subtract 15-25% off it so i would say around 165 since it was mined on

Oops I meant to say not mined on. 

I managed to get the fella down a bit below that, what kinds of assurances can I reasonably ask for him to provide? 

Like I want to trust that the card isn't dead, and won't die 5 days after I get it?

Also it's supposedly still under warranty, am I able to use that same warranty should I need to?

Well if you check around, there are some used ones on ebay for roughly 140, and as low as 125. 

My PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 8750H RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

1 minute ago, TeenTesla said:

Oops I meant to say not mined on. 

I managed to get the fella down a bit below that, what kinds of assurances can I reasonably ask for him to provide? 

Like I want to trust that the card isn't dead, and won't die 5 days after I get it?

Also it's supposedly still under warranty, am I able to use that same warranty should I need to?

Why not ask him to run a program like msi kombustor to test stability

My PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 8750H RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Just now, MrReaver said:

Why not ask him to run a program like msi kombustor to test stability

I kind of feel weird about going into some rando's house and sitting there while the card does its thing. I was planning on maybe doing the exchange somewhere public and wide open. Is it common / expected to ask for this?

9 minutes ago, TeenTesla said:

1060 3gb card

didn't notice in was a 3g card thought it was a 6g 

if thats the case it should be 120-150 depending on the condition of the card

3 minutes ago, TeenTesla said:

I kind of feel weird about going into some rando's house and sitting there while the card does its thing. I was planning on maybe doing the exchange somewhere public and wide open. Is it common / expected to ask for this?

No im saying have him do it, then send you the result proving that the card he is selling you in in the pc

My PC Specs:

Just now, MrReaver said:

No im saying have him do it, then send you the result proving that the card he is selling you in in the pc

There's no way he can't fake that super easily...

3 minutes ago, TeenTesla said:

There's no way he can't fake that super easily...

True but i mean why not tell him to put like an x in sharpy on the card, then ask him to film the process of the test then in the video have him show you that that specific card is the only one in there

I mean its a little dumb but atleast you can have a little bit of reassurance 

My PC Specs:

57 minutes ago, TeenTesla said:

When I'd gotten a used GTX 1080 from a seller here in my neck of the woods, I'd gone to his house to get the card. He tested it to POST (which was all I need), I didn't require anymore test because he was selling off the cards in his mining rigs and there was a number of peeps lined up behind me. You could get him to go to desktop and run the latest GPUZ just for some assurance.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2