Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

White / Black ATX Case

Nusic

I am finishing off my build. It's going to be black / white themed, with white as the primary color and with some purple or cyan RGB highlights. I need a case that is below $100CAD ($75 USD), has pretty decent cable management, isn't too small but isn't huge and beefy. I want to keep the build looking simplistic, so a minimal case without too many fancy addition, and also includes some light RGB. I'm currently looking at the Phanteks P300 White.

I don't like the Phanteks too much, personally. AFAIK its airflow isn't the best. 

The included RGB is something that will push your budget further than what it needs to be. Included strips cost an extra 30+ dollars when you can buy a strip + remote for about half the price. 

I'd recommend the typical Meshify-C, S340, H500 cases, but they are recommended the most these days. 

Let's just tag the Case Lord himself, @TVwazhere

11 minutes ago, Nusic said:

I am finishing off my build. It's going to be black / white themed, with white as the primary color and with some purple or cyan RGB highlights. I need a case that is below $100CAD ($75 USD), has pretty decent cable management, isn't too small but isn't huge and beefy. I want to keep the build looking simplistic, so a minimal case without too many fancy addition, and also includes some light RGB. I'm currently looking at the Phanteks P300 White.

Today I met a nice budget case and it's name is "Thermaltake Core G21TG" 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

21 minutes ago, Nusic said:

I would look into the P350x. They upgraded both the airflow and RGB lighting in it,. and it's about $90 CAD. Note that you'll probably need an up to date and higher end motherboard to use the (Addressible) RGB on the case. Otherwise I would go with @DVA's suggestion of getting a good, cheap white case (Such as a Fractal Design Focus G) and adding  RGB to it

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/zHndnQ/phanteks-eclipse-p350x-blackwhite-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec350ptg_dbw

Note that both the P300 and P350x only come with one fan, so it's recommend you buy at least one more (preferably two) for an optimium airflow setup

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, DVA said:

I don't like the Phanteks too much, personally. AFAIK its airflow isn't the best. 

The included RGB is something that will push your budget further than what it needs to be. Included strips cost an extra 30+ dollars when you can buy a strip + remote for about half the price. 

I'd recommend the typical Meshify-C, S340, H500 cases, but they are recommended the most these days. 

Let's just tag the Case Lord himself, @TVwazhere

decent RGB strips? Also I just like the subtle RGB on the case in the phanteks p300

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I would look into the P350x. They upgraded both the airflow and RGB lighting in it,. and it's about $90 CAD. Note that you'll probably need an up to date and higher end motherboard to use the (Addressible) RGB on the case. Otherwise I would go with @DVA's suggestion of getting a good, cheap white case (Such as a Fractal Design Focus G) and adding  RGB to it

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/zHndnQ/phanteks-eclipse-p350x-blackwhite-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec350ptg_dbw

Note that both the P300 and P350x only come with one fan, so it's recommend you buy at least one more (preferably two) for an optimium airflow setup

The Focus G is a bit too much on the front, again I'm looking at simplistic cases. What about the Corsair Carbide 275R?

Just now, Nusic said:

The Focus G is a bit too much on the front, again I'm looking at simplistic cases. What about the Corsair Carbide 275R?

Poor airflow, worse than the P300 or H500. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Poor airflow, worse than the P300 or H500. 

Alright well what other simple cases that are aesthetically similar to the corsair can I get that have decent airflow and cable management?

8 minutes ago, Nusic said:

Alright well what other simple cases that are aesthetically similar to the corsair can I get that have decent airflow and cable management?

In win 101 is the only other case under $100 CAD, but it also comes with 0 fans.

The Masterbox 5 in white. if oyu were to replace the black solid front panel with the mesh version (you have to buy it separate) and it would make it look like the Focus G which you already said you dont like

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

In win 101 is the only other case under $100 CAD, but it also comes with 0 fans.

The Masterbox 5 in white. if oyu were to replace the black solid front panel with the mesh version (you have to buy it separate) and it would make it look like the Focus G which you already said you dont like

Whatś bad with the nzxt h500?

1 minute ago, Nusic said:

The Masterbox 5 white actually looks pretty good.

Just now, Nusic said:

Mediocre Airflow. Would be sufficient enough for an R5/i5 CPU and a GTX1060/RX580 GPU build. Other than that, the H500 is a stellar case.

Just now, Nusic said:

The Masterbox 5 white actually looks pretty good.

The white version has the worst airflow of any case on the list. Only reason I mentioned it was because it's possible to buy a mesh front panel for it, but as mentioned it's gonna turn it into the Focus G front

https://www.cmstore.eu/spare-parts/masterbox-5-full-front-panel-mesh/

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Mediocre Airflow. Would be sufficient enough for an R5/i5 CPU and a GTX1060/RX580 GPU build. Other than that, the H500 is a stellar case.

Ryzen 5 2600 and rx 570 or 580 is what I'm gonna go with. The b450 tomahawk will be my motherboard

Just now, Nusic said:

Ryzen 5 2600 and rx 570 or 580 is what I'm gonna go with. The b450 tomahawk will be my motherboard

An h500 should suffice. I would buy two extra fans to put up at the front for best airflow.  I did that for a build in the S340 (very smilar case airflow wise) and temps were perfectly fine

20170521_204958.thumb.jpg.1c1350ebb73cb55ab28996fe6bdedcb1.jpg

Just now, TVwazhere said:

An h500 should suffice. I would buy two extra fans to put up at the front for best airflow.  I did that for a build in the S340 (very smilar case airflow wise) and temps were perfectly fine

20170521_204958.thumb.jpg.1c1350ebb73cb55ab28996fe6bdedcb1.jpg

Yeah I was planning on replacing fans in the cases to fit my theme and have better airflow anyways. Also how's the h500 cable management?

2 minutes ago, Nusic said:

Yeah I was planning on replacing fans in the cases to fit my theme and have better airflow anyways. Also how's the h500 cable management?

H500 cable management is actually very good. And it's objectively better than the S340 I built in, and I had no problems with that case at all. You should have nearly 0 trouble with that. 

20170521_204250.thumb.jpg.bfb30dd4ba036c8658e138cd32999440.jpg

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

H500 cable management is actually very good. And it's objectively better than the S340 I built in, and I had no problems with that case at all. You should have nearly 0 trouble with that. 

20170521_204250.thumb.jpg.bfb30dd4ba036c8658e138cd32999440.jpg

Alright thanks for the help

Just now, Nusic said:

Alright thanks for the help

Any keyboards to match with the black/white theme? I was thinking about getting the logitech g513 silver. Waiting to find a decent deal on it.

1 hour ago, Nusic said:

Any keyboards to match with the black/white theme? I was thinking about getting the logitech g513 silver. Waiting to find a decent deal on it.

I'm less knowledgeable on peripherals, white keyboards definitely exist but there's also the consideration of which mechanical key switch you prefer and finding one that has it. I'd recommend asking the Peripheral sub forum that question :)