Desperate for help..

DinhanhGamer
Go to solution Solved by imreloadin,
2 minutes ago, DinhanhGamer said:

What is that? Is it this one?

Did you even look at your manual? That's literally the very first thing listed in the board layout...of course you need to plug those power cables in to supply power to the CPU.

I just fully assembled by pc, but I don’t have the gpu yet because the one I want is out of stock.

after I plugged everything and fired it up. The motherboard lighted up and so did the aio. (I used an asus rog maximus xi code). But then I wait for a while and saw no images on my monitor, I checked the Q-code of the motherboard and it said 00. How do I fix this what should I try to do? (When I unboxed the motherboard, 3 screws at the back was broken and fell off, those screws are for contact with the case I think..)

Any opinions really helps, thank you

did you connect the 8 pin power cable?

00 isnt documented by asus so it could be alot of things bad bios, dead board etc

3 minutes ago, DinhanhGamer said:

I just fully assembled by pc, but I don’t have the gpu yet because the one I want is out of stock.

after I plugged everything and fired it up. The motherboard lighted up and so did the aio. (I used an asus rog maximus xi code). But then I wait for a while and saw no images on my monitor, I checked the Q-code of the motherboard and it said 00. How do I fix this what should I try to do? (When I unboxed the motherboard, 3 screws at the back was broken and fell off, those screws are for contact with the case I think..)

What is your processor?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Gonna need the specs of your system to be able to do much more than guess...

Just now, Happycowdance said:

00 isnt documented by asus so it could be alot of things bad bios, dead board etc

00 means not used in the user guide.

Just now, imreloadin said:

Gonna need the specs of your system to be able to do much more than guess...

Ok, heres the spec 

i7 9700k

32gb tridentz

asus rog maximus xi code mobo

h115i pro

samsung evo 860 1 tb

nzxt h700i

3 minutes ago, Happycowdance said:

image.jpg

Just now, DinhanhGamer said:

image.jpg

Yes. That's where/how the CPU draws power. Without that no computer would function.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

4 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

What is your processor?

It’s the i7 9700k

It’s the i7 9700k

Plug that smexy baby in!!!

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Just now, Vegetable said:

Yes. That's where/how the CPU draws power. Without that no computer would function.

Wait I thought that it’s in the whole 24 pin thing?

2 minutes ago, DinhanhGamer said:

Did you even look at your manual? That's literally the very first thing listed in the board layout...of course you need to plug those power cables in to supply power to the CPU.

image.jpg

This is covered in your MB manual.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

Just now, imreloadin said:

I might be dumb, will try this

Wait I thought that it’s in the whole 24 pin thing?

That's for the rest of the motherboard. You need to plug in power for the CPU.

I might be dumb

Don't beat yourself up! You can just add this story to the 'dumbest thing I've done while making a computer' thread  ;)

We've all been there.

1 minute ago, DinhanhGamer said:

I might be dumb, will try this

In the future I'd suggest reading the manual before actually doing anything if you've never done this before, here is the excerpt from your manual:

image.png.b5c4e5b84d1887b4c766e30e2053fab2.png

Yup, I’m dumb, the bios has booted up now, do I now need to install windows 10 using a usb? Or is there anyway else cause I heard about being to install windows 10 without anything

2 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

Don't beat yourself up! You can just add this story to the 'dumbest thing I've done while making a computer' thread  ;)

We've all been there.

I shocked myself this way too when building. Mistook CPU for GPU power (despite the plug having CPU) written on it. I wondered why I had killed my lovely new rig until I realised I too was one power cable short!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

3 hours ago, DinhanhGamer said:

Yup, I’m dumb, the bios has booted up now, do I now need to install windows 10 using a usb? Or is there anyway else cause I heard about being to install windows 10 without anything

5 hours ago, DinhanhGamer said:

A what? Without anything? Those must mean that you connect drive with existing Win10 install. The OS can't just magically pop in your drive. Someone needs to install it. And if this is new build with all or most components from the box, then it means that you are the one installing OS. With USB, unless you have optical drive and DVD.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hi, if you feel you don't need more help, please mark a best answer 

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks