Worth upgrade from Titan xp to RTX ?

DemiSLayer

I have had 2 Titan Xp (star wars edition) cards.  I sold one in hopes of purchasing 2 RTX 2080 Ti.   I am debating just buying a second Titan Xp again to replace the one i sold.  I am not seeing ray tracing as being anything of value to purchase as in its totally worthless in fps.   Has anyone bench-marked 2080 ti in sli vs Titan Xp sli ?  just trying to justify such a price for  a Ti card. 

There's no way to justify it. It will be 10% faster at best until raytracing hits, and even then it may be disappointing. Then again there was barely any reason to get a titan xp back when that was new, so... it's up to you.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I really think i shouldn't of sold my gallactic empire card. just got trigger happy

5 minutes ago, DemiSLayer said:

I really think i shouldn't of sold my gallactic empire card. just got trigger happy

That'll learn ya. do you subscribe to Gamers Nexus, Jays2Cents, Paul's Hardware, BitWit, or others on Youtube? They pretty much all nailed it at embargo lift.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

:(   well at least i didnt sell the jedi order one.  lol  

19 minutes ago, DemiSLayer said:

I have had 2 Titan Xp (star wars edition) cards.  I sold one in hopes of purchasing 2 RTX 2080 Ti.   I am debating just buying a second Titan Xp again to replace the one i sold.  I am not seeing ray tracing as being anything of value to purchase as in its totally worthless in fps.   Has anyone bench-marked 2080 ti in sli vs Titan Xp sli ?  just trying to justify such a price for  a Ti card. 

Just save your money for the next generation of cards, SLI generally isn't worth it, and the 20 series is a joke right now.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Ya im just going to buy my card back so to speak.  Sli ran great on my 3440x1440p at 120hz 

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just save your money for the next generation of cards, SLI generally isn't worth it, and the 20 series is a joke right now.

Agreed, I would be surprised to see a resurgence of SLI in gaming just because of Ray-Tracing. It was buggy as hell at the end, and now they have to start all over with a whole new technology. YEAH, that'll go smooth...

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I also think im going to put these titan xp cards on water. I hear they perform best with water cooling

2 minutes ago, DemiSLayer said:

I also think im going to put these titan xp cards on water. I hear they perform best with water cooling

anything Pascal benefits from ultra-low core temps. I've got a 280mm AIO on my 1080ti but the configuration of it renders the rest of the PCIe slots inaccessible. So i'm looking to do the same, go full open loop water.

System specs:

Exchange with me i give you curry powder you give me titan xp its delicious 

I currently have the EKWB 360 extreme kit im thinking of adding a 280mm in the mix and putting both titan Xp under water (after of course i accuire a replacement Xp.)

10 minutes ago, DemiSLayer said:

I currently have the EKWB 360 extreme kit im thinking of adding a 280mm in the mix and putting both titan Xp under water (after of course i accuire a replacement Xp.)

open loop stuff is so expensive though.

System specs: