Best keyboard for gaming?

Go to solution Solved by Acid Panda,

its your choice and prefrence. order several of different types and keys. then return the ones you dont want.

Hello!

Recently I was thinking of picking up the Razer Huntsman Elite gaming keyboard which has purple switches...

I just wanted to ask you if you have a better suggestion for me to buy or should I buy the razer hunstman elite?

If you have a better suggestion, this is what the keyboard must have:

- Mechanical clicky switches

- a wrist rest

- rgb lightning

- numpad is not necessary but it would be cool if it would have one

Thanks for helping!

Can you visit some stores to test some keyboards? It's always best to feel the keyboard. Pretty personal thing,  I myself like the Brown switches. All i know is that my friends praise the Ducky keyboards.

Just now, narrdarr said:

corsair straff rgb with silent cherry mx reds

super clicky without all the noise full rgb each key is programmable

has number pad

lol as soon as you posted that i posted the corsair strafe

9 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

corsair straff rgb with silent cherry mx reds

super clicky without all the noise full rgb each key is programmable

has number pad

9 minutes ago, HystericalII said:

Do you know what "clicky" means? It means it has a tactile bump with audible feedback. 

3 minutes ago, Dominik999 said:

Okay, just one more question... would you buy the razer huntsman elite?

Depends on the pricing. 

:)

its your choice and prefrence. order several of different types and keys. then return the ones you dont want.

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

21 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

^^^

23 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Do you know what "clicky" means? It means it has a tactile bump with audible feedback. 

Depends on the pricing. 

Yes i know what clicky is i recomended that one cause its clicky just not as loud 

Don't get too caught up in the models, most of them should suit you well, you just have to pick your favorite at a certain price point.

As for switches, i tend to like linears for everything, but that just my opinion after trying almost eveything readily available under the sun, what really counts is your own preference.

Also, avoid Razer by all costs, their price is too high for what they offer, the switches are nothing more than ordinary and their keycaps are always low quality.

[1000th post, yay!]

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

3 minutes ago, HystericalII said:

Yes i know what clicky is i recomended that one cause its clicky just not as loud 

Cherry MX Red is a linear switch. It's linear, not clicky.

:)