Linus Tech Tips notifications?

Andrew0472

No problem guys, hope it's working as intended.

If anyone's using the extension, and got any feedback to share, please let me know. Putting the finishing touches on the v1 release later this week, and I'd like to have it bug-free by then.  ;)

one thing imo not sure if everyone agrees but take away the red zero if theres no notification and only put a number if theres 1 or more if u get what im saying. coz it kinda looks like a notification but other then that its perfect and really appreciate it. ;)  (hopw i wasnt coming off mean or critical just sharing my thoughts). p.s u could also make a option to turn on and off the zero.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

one thing imo not sure if everyone agrees but take away the red zero if theres no notification and only put a number if theres 1 or more if u get what im saying. coz it kinda looks like a notification but other then that its perfect and really appreciate it. ;)  (hopw i wasnt coming off mean or critical just sharing my thoughts). p.s u could also make a option to turn on and off the zero.

Don't worry about being critical of the software, that's great, and I appreciate it. I'll add your suggestion to the fixlist.  ;)

Cheers,

Linus

Don't worry about being critical of the software, that's great, and I appreciate it. I'll add your suggestion to the fixlist.  ;)

cool thanks. :)

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Sorry 'bout the double post here, but figured I could just as well do a slim publishing of the extension here...

Linus Tech Tips Notifications (0.8.5) Chrome Plugin

lttnico128.png

Download link: http://linusforsell.com/files/random/ltt_extension.crx

How to know if it's running?

You'll see this little icon in your extensions bar: lttnico.png

Requirements:

Chrome (obviously)

You need to be logged in to LinusTechTips

Installation

As this extension is not (yet?) published to the Chrome Store, you'll need to install it manually by dropping it into your extensions page at chrome://extensions/

Lemme know if anyone installs it and you find any bugs...

Cheers

What do i do? I don't understand the message, I tried closing all tabs first and stuff.

post-18844-0-88651600-1389274942.png

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

What do i do? I don't understand the message, I tried closing all tabs first and stuff.

when its at the bottom dled just goto exstensions page (installed ones) and drag to middle of screen.

when its at the bottom dled just goto exstensions page (installed ones) and drag to middle of screen.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! :D 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! :D

no probs man. its @linusforsell u should be thanking for making this :D

Adding some extras (all of them will be disabled by default, so you'll have to opt-in for the extra annoyances), anything else you guys would like to see?

settings.png

Cheers,

Linus

Adding some extras (all of them will be disabled by default, so you'll have to opt-in for the extra annoyances), anything else you guys would like to see?

settings.png

and i dont think it notifys inboxes - personal msges. p.s. nice work so far  :)

500th post!!!

We have looked into the auto update/push notification function however we are waiting to see what IPB 4.0 brings to the table before we launch into anything. 

Could you please give that poor little rabbit that carrot? You monster..

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Maybe in the future, but I doubt it. I'm sure there's someone else, who uses Firefox, that could whip up something similar for you guys.  ^_^

I use firefox :D But I was under the impression that in the next couple of months, chrome extensions would have to be added from the chrome store, and dragging them into the extensions page would stop working.

And I would be interested to have a go at porting the extension over to firefox (I've not done extensions before but I know html/js and this looks like a good place to start) so if you were making it open sourced (not saying you should, but if you do) I would be happy to attempt to port it.

HTTP/2 203

I use firefox :D But I was under the impression that in the next couple of months, chrome extensions would have to be added from the chrome store, and dragging them into the extensions page would stop working.

And I would be interested to have a go at porting the extension over to firefox (I've not done extensions before but I know html/js and this looks like a good place to start) so if you were making it open sourced (not saying you should, but if you do) I would be happy to attempt to port it.

I'm not very into the scene of chrome extensions, so that might very well be possible (though it should still be possible if the user enables dev-mode).

Awesome that you'd consider making a plugin for our fellow firefox users, I think that would be quite appreciated. I won't share my sourcecode until I've cleaned it up (it's not presentable yet, maybe a bit after I've released V. 1), but I wouldn't mind sharing some details in case you'd need help. Since the IP.Board doesn't have any flexible way of reading the notifications, it sadly requires a ugly work-around, it's not much work though.

and i dont think it notifys inboxes - personal msges. p.s. nice work so far  :)

Oh, right, I'll need someone to send me a message to see how that is handled. Once I know that, I'll do a sum of messages+notifications instead of only showing notifications in the icon. I could also add individual counters to the settings popdown maybe. Thanks for pointing that out mate.  :)

Cheers,

Linus

Like it so far but i think trying to get into the chrome web-store would be best 

Aselwyn1

Like it so far but i think trying to get into the chrome web-store would be best 

Glad you like it. I will publish it to the chrome store once I've finished up version 1 (and cleared it with the mods to make sure I'm not doing anything they'd rather do themselves), not quite fancying paying the publishing fees unless I know I'm somewhat finished with the extension.  ^_^

Cheers,

Linus