Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

windows repair

kotymmm
 Share

Go to solution Solved by kotymmm,

I found the root of the problem and fixed it ,it was somehow the audio drivers thing I uninstalled them and reinstalled them and as Linus would say Bob is your uncle 

so every other time I start my pc I get the automatic repair pop up from windows and I used to just choose to continue to windows and it would work normally after that but just this morning the keyboard was not responding until I unplugged it and plugged it back in also i noticed that almost everytime some random programs seemed to not have been closed like as if the pc was in sleep mode but I am certain that I shut it down also I don't think it should be related but I have been having the "restart required -high definition audio bus " bug where that message is always there no matter what I do 

thanks in advance to anyone willing to help 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

When you turn off your PC are you actually letting windows properly shut down or are you just yanking power (whether its the cord, PSU switch, or holding power button on the case)?

Gaming - Ryzen 5600x | 32GB 3200mhz  Vega 56 | 1TB NVME | 500GB NVME

Home Server - Ryzen 2700x | 16GB 3400mhz |  RX 550 | 500GB NVME 11x2TB HDD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

When you turn off your PC are you actually letting windows properly shut down or are you just yanking power (whether its the cord, PSU switch, or holding power button on the case)?

nope I let it shut down all the way 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Although not ideal, a reinstall of windows might fix your issues (it solves most). As frustrating as it is, you could spend hours trying to figure out what is causing stranger intermittent issues. I wouldn't resort to this immediately.

Gaming - Ryzen 5600x | 32GB 3200mhz  Vega 56 | 1TB NVME | 500GB NVME

Home Server - Ryzen 2700x | 16GB 3400mhz |  RX 550 | 500GB NVME 11x2TB HDD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

Although not ideal, a reinstall of windows might fix your issues (it solves most). As frustrating as it is, you could spend hours trying to figure out what is causing stranger intermittent issues. I wouldn't resort to this immediately.

true but as u said it is too much of a hassle but the keyboard thing scared the hell out of me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like you haven't done it in a while and it's about time you do:

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, kotymmm said:

my pc is about 3w old so ............ not sure about this one

Ok well something clearly went wrong somewhere in those 3 weeks...

How did you install windows?

What did you use and did you unplug all drives except one from the PC?

Did you install drivers from the manufacturer website or did you let windows update install everything by itself?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Enderman said:

Ok well something clearly went wrong somewhere in those 3 weeks...

How did you install windows?

What did you use and did you unplug all drives except one from the PC?

Did you install drivers from the manufacturer website or did you let windows update install everything by itself?

the windows trial form Microsofts website 

use what exactly, no I didn't unplug any of the three drives I currently have plugged in 

installed only the GPU - CPU stuff from AMD and left the rest for windows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kotymmm said:

the windows trial form Microsofts website 

use what exactly, no I didn't unplug any of the three drives I currently have plugged in 

installed only the GPU - CPU stuff from AMD and left the rest for windows

What "GPU CPU stuff"?

Other than GPU drivers you shouldn't have needed to install anything.

Also you should have all drives except the OS drive unplugged from the computer when installing windows.

 

BTW there is no "windows trial"

There is only windows 10, and it's the same thing whether you activate it or not.

Hopefully you used the official media creation tool to make a USB drive with the windows installer...https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

What "GPU CPU stuff"?

Other than GPU drivers you shouldn't have needed to install anything.

Also you should have all drives except the OS drive unplugged from the computer when installing windows.

 

BTW there is no "windows trial"

There is only windows 10, and it's the same thing whether you activate it or not.

Hopefully you used the official media creation tool to make a USB drive with the windows installer...https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

I meant the amd ryzen master for CPU stuff 

and yeah windows 10 not activated and yeah its from their website 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

What "GPU CPU stuff"?

Other than GPU drivers you shouldn't have needed to install anything.

Also you should have all drives except the OS drive unplugged from the computer when installing windows.

 

BTW there is no "windows trial"

There is only windows 10, and it's the same thing whether you activate it or not.

Hopefully you used the official media creation tool to make a USB drive with the windows installer...https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

and would have it really made a difference if I installed windows with only one drive plugged in? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kotymmm said:

I meant the amd ryzen master for CPU stuff 

and yeah windows 10 not activated and yeah its from their website 

Maybe next time you clean install don't install that software and just overclock from your BIOS.

 

6 minutes ago, kotymmm said:

and would have it really made a difference if I installed windows with only one drive plugged in? 

I've seen plenty of OS issues caused by people not doing so, because windows is dumb.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Maybe next time you clean install don't install that software and just overclock from your BIOS.

 

I've seen plenty of OS issues caused by people not doing so, because windows is dumb.

damn I really don't want to have to install windows again but thanks time to find my thumb drive then 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow this is really pathetic advice from a tech forum.

 

Yeah just reinstall windows and TB of data. I totally do that every time my windows screws up.

 

No, the first thing to do is, while in Windows, try to establish the root cause.

 

Scan for malware using malwarebytes with rootkit scanning enabled.

 

Then once you are sure its clean, open an admin command prompt by typing "command" into windows search and right clicking command prompt, run as admin.

 

Type the followoing commands and let each one finish before running the next. The spacing and lettering has to be exact.

 

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

 

After that finishes do

 

sfc /scannow

 

Reboot your PC and let me know how it goes.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the root of the problem and fixed it ,it was somehow the audio drivers thing I uninstalled them and reinstalled them and as Linus would say Bob is your uncle 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×