Super Cheap 144hz Monitor

Dreadnought

Hi! Have you ever heard of Jetway? I haven't. I just found this cheap 144hz monitor, the Jetway JW2421. 24 inch, 144hz, 1ms response time, 1080p for only Rp. 2.100.000 / $143. I've never heard of Jetway, can I trust this brand? If somebody has an experience with this product, please let me know.

Link: Jetway Monitor LED 24 inch 144 Hertz On Board Speaker JW2421 via @bukalapak https://www.bukalapak.com/p/komputer/monitor/oe71mh-jual-jetway-monitor-led-24-inch-144-hertz-on-board-speaker-jw2421?utm_source=apps

12 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

Hi! Have you ever heard of Jetway? I haven't. I just found this cheap 144hz monitor, the Jetway JW2421. 24 inch, 144hz, 1ms response time, 1080p for only Rp. 2.100.000 / $143. I've never heard of Jetway, can I trust this brand? If somebody has an experience with this product, please let me know.

Link: Jetway Monitor LED 24 inch 144 Hertz On Board Speaker JW2421 via @bukalapak https://www.bukalapak.com/p/komputer/monitor/oe71mh-jual-jetway-monitor-led-24-inch-144-hertz-on-board-speaker-jw2421?utm_source=apps

Not an 'To good to be true' pricing, but never heard of Jetway/iDTech.

According to some quick search results they're most known for making small TFT LCDs and selling them wholesale. There are a few videos with the monitor you put as well but they're in foreign languages.

If you're willing to go to >£160/$200 you can get the same 24" 144hz ect monitors by Acer which I think would be a safer and probably a lot better in all aspects. Actually if you search "JW2421 Monitor" first result is for an Acer 144hz https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-XF240Hbmjdpr-Monitor-FreeSync-Adjustable/dp/B01684HUJUxD

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

dont use super cheap ones. they might be fast screens, but the overal quality/customer service will be like asking your grandma for help with fixing your internet. 

1 hour ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Not an 'To good to be true' pricing, but never heard of Jetway/iDTech.

According to some quick search results they're most known for making small TFT LCDs and selling them wholesale. There are a few videos with the monitor you put as well but they're in foreign languages.

If you're willing to go to >£160/$200 you can get the same 24" 144hz ect monitors by Acer which I think would be a safer and probably a lot better in all aspects. Actually if you search "JW2421 Monitor" first result is for an Acer 144hz https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-XF240Hbmjdpr-Monitor-FreeSync-Adjustable/dp/B01684HUJUxD

Acer XF240H isn't available in my country, my options are Acer KG251Q & LG 24MP68VQ / 24MK600M

1 hour ago, saksham said:

dont use super cheap ones. they might be fast screens, but the overal quality/customer service will be like asking your grandma for help with fixing your internet. 

?

Jetway was a popular chinese budget motherboard manufacturer, but looks like they don't make consumer products anymore, just industrial parts.

Last motherboard they make was 1155 socket.

And they don't have any monitor listed in their official website.

Go for it if you really into 144hz and have 144hz ready equiptment like a gtx1080 at least.

If not then buying 144hz monitor will not magically make your game better.

Plus i would recommend buying a quality monitor, a monitor should last you like 5 years minimum.

You don't want to change monitor every 1-2 years, right.

For the quality this monitor has not been tested, from the looks of it, it like its made out of cheap plastic.

Don't expcect any g-sync or even freesync in this kinda monitor.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

On 11/11/2018 at 2:30 PM, SupaKomputa said:

Jetway was a popular chinese budget motherboard manufacturer, but looks like they don't make consumer products anymore, just industrial parts.

Last motherboard they make was 1155 socket.

And they don't have any monitor listed in their official website.

Go for it if you really into 144hz and have 144hz ready equiptment like a gtx1080 at least.

If not then buying 144hz monitor will not magically make your game better.

Plus i would recommend buying a quality monitor, a monitor should last you like 5 years minimum.

You don't want to change monitor every 1-2 years, right.

For the quality this monitor has not been tested, from the looks of it, it like its made out of cheap plastic.

Don't expcect any g-sync or even freesync in this kinda monitor.

I think I'll get the LG 24MP68VQ, some people say that they can feel some ghosting on it in an FPS game such as CSGO & Battlefield 1. I play League of Legends most of the time, is ghosting noticeable in LoL?

2 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

I think I'll get the LG 24MP68VQ, some people say that they can feel some ghosting on it in an FPS game such as CSGO & Battlefield 1. I play League of Legends most of the time, is ghosting noticeable in LoL?

ips monitors are very good, but most have 60-75fps support, the ones with 144hz are expensive and rare.

yes some say that ips produce ghosting in fast moving games.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w