Working RAM Stick not properly working on new MOBO?

Hey everyone.
I own a kit of 2 sticks DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133 8GB (16GB) That i was using on my Gigabyte H110M-H along with an Intel i5 6400.

I've bought a Ryzen 7 and therefore I had to buy an ASUS B350M-A.

Basically, everything works fine on the old gigabyte mobo. 
Not the case on new ASUS. One of the sticks is not working properly.

This is the scenario:
I can use the "working" stick in whatever slot I want. No incompatibilities. When I try to use the "buggy" one (alone) my pc wont even boot! 

When i try to dual Channel them (A1B1 or A2B2), BIOS in fact recognizes both sticks in a perfect match and info!! But it says my available memory is 8192MB! 
Old Gigabyte MOBO considers it perfect 16384MB.

Windows says I've 16GB installed and 7.95 usable (rest counted as Hardware Reserved) This is NOT windows related because the BIOS info about the sticks themselves is perfect with or without my SSD sata plugged into the MOBO. Also good to point out that on the old MOBO I get regular 16GB on Windows.

I have already updated BIOS and AMD Chipset, reseated the CPU and Cooler, didnt tight it too much cause i read that excessive cooler pressure could cause this

Any suggestions? I might get in touch with ASUS RMA tomorrow.

Remember, even the "faulty" stick works just perfect on the older motherboard and the new motherboard refuses to accept it, even though it shows in BIOS when in dual channel.

Setup Images To Illustrate (Click to See)

Gigabyte H110M-A

Both Sticks in MOBO, 16GB Windows info -> https://pasteboard.co/HMnnDtF.jpg

BIOS Showing proper 16384MB of Memory -> https://pasteboard.co/HMnnXJJ.jpg

ASUS B350M-A

BIOS detecting both sticks but considering only one of them as "Memory" -> https://pasteboard.co/HMnogX1.jpg

Motherboard Setup - Ryzen 7, Cooler, GTX1060, Both Memories on (A2B2) -> https://pasteboard.co/HMnotjg.jpg

Windows Considerind 16GB Installed, 7.93 Usable -> https://pasteboard.co/HMnoHsZ.jpg

Peace!

Are they in the right slots on the motherboard according to your mobo manual?

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

2 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Are they in the right slots on the motherboard according to your mobo manual?

Yes sir, the manual suggests me to use A2B2. But even if it was A1B1 it should work. BTW, If i mix them (A1A2 or B1B2 to try to run as 16GB single channel) pc wont boot either.

38 minutes ago, gcwilliam98 said:

Yes sir, the manual suggests me to use A2B2. But even if it was A1B1 it should work. BTW, If i mix them (A1A2 or B1B2 to try to run as 16GB single channel) pc wont boot either.

Yeah no if it says a2b2, that means a1b1 probably won't work.  Run it how the manual says, because it was written that way for a reason.  The slots are probably designed not to boot in a mix of things because of how most motherboards work and how dual channel works.

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

1 minute ago, hconverse02 said:

Yeah no if it says a2b2, that means a1b1 probably won't work.  Run it how the manual says, because it was written that way for a reason.  The slots are probably designed not to boot in a mix of things because of how most motherboards work and how dual channel works.

Absolutely right. But just in case, have you read it carefully? The "Faulty" stick actually works in the old MOBO, single or dual channel. But on ASUS, this particular stick won't boot in single and there's this glitch on dual channel. I don't know if i should reach Corsair or ASUS RMA :(

5 minutes ago, gcwilliam98 said:

Absolutely right. But just in case, have you read it carefully? The "Faulty" stick actually works in the old MOBO, single or dual channel. But on ASUS, this particular stick won't boot in single and there's this glitch on dual channel. I don't know if i should reach Corsair or ASUS RMA :(

Have you tested both sticks by themselves in slot a2 as it says here? This picture is from you motherboard's manual on this page https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/HelpDesk_Manual/  EDIT: are you on the latest bios version?

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.27.12 AM.png

My current rig:

4 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Have you tested both sticks by themselves in slot a2 as it says here? This picture is from you motherboard's manual on this page https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/HelpDesk_Manual/

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.27.12 AM.png

Yes, stick 'X' is OK, it performs perfect in any position.

stick 'Y' is NOT ok, it won't boot if alone in ANY position.

In dual chanel, i can Boot, BIOS WILL detect both sticks, equal timing, equal frequencies, everything.

But it counts my memory as 8192

On my Gigabyte H110M-H, Both sticks work just fine.

I've already updated BIOS and Chipset

Just now, gcwilliam98 said:

stick 'Y' is NOT ok, it won'

Just for clarification, the second stick doesn't work in slot a2?  Have you updated your bios?

My current rig:

Just now, hconverse02 said:

Just for clarification, the second stick doesn't work in slot a2?  Have you updated your bios?

Sorry i've saved the post wrongly. Read it updated plz lol

3 minutes ago, gcwilliam98 said:

stick 'Y' is NOT ok, it won't boot if alone in ANY position.

In dual chanel, i can Boot, BIOS WILL detect both sticks, equal timing, equal frequencies, everything.

But it counts my memory as 8192

On my Gigabyte H110M-H, Both sticks work just fine.

I've already updated BIOS and Chipset

In the bios, when both sticks are detected, what do the ram settings look like? Can you get a screenshot?

My current rig:

3 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

In the bios, when both sticks are detected, what do the ram settings look like? Can you get a screenshot?

I cant now, but i ensure you that it shows PERFECTLY equal. Latencies, frequency, voltage is set at 1.2V (which is the correct for these sticks).
UEFI has a section where i can select A1,A2,B1,B2. Since they're plugged in A2 and B2, when i Select these channels in the combobox it shows exactly the same info, byte by byte.

1 minute ago, gcwilliam98 said:

I cant now, but i ensure you that it shows PERFECTLY equal. Latencies, frequency, voltage is set at 1.2V (which is the correct for these sticks).
UEFI has a section where i can select A1,A2,B1,B2. Since they're plugged in A2 and B2, when i Select these channels in the combobox it shows exactly the same info, byte by byte.

Sounds like a windows issue then if it correctly detected when it's in the right spots

My current rig:

As I said in the post, not sure, it doesnt looks like a windows glitch because I first tested it with the SATA cables unplugged. Windows looks pretty much just a consequence of the glitch origin, which I'm affraid it's the MOBO, since memory works fine in other MOBO