So i have 3 issues help?

Mattk13

so when i ever i have to re-install windows on my pc and beileve me i do it a lot, i disconnect my 2 other hard drives right before i install then i put them back in after and when windows is done and i boot up the extra hard drives don't show up so i do to make them show up and i still cant figure out what it is 

is i

restart the computer 5+ times 

reset the BIOS

open disk management in windows 10

and after awhile they show up and sometimes they have to be formatted through  command prompt 

issue 2

when i woke up earlier and turned on my PC it said no OS Found please disconnect any drives that do not contain a os

okay so disconnected my USB DRIVES witch i have 2 of 

and it still wouldn't boot so i opened up my PC and took out the extra hard drives tried it again and it booted and then i put them back in and tried again and it booted but what happened and how can i prevent it from happening again as 

i could lose data

Issue 3 

When i have my PC on i look at the power LED 

and it like flikers from dim to bright and sorta like a power issue any idea what this is?

15 minutes ago, Mattk13 said:

so when i ever i have to re-install windows on my pc and beileve me i do it a lot, i disconnect my 2 other hard drives right before i install then i put them back in after and when windows is done and i boot up the extra hard drives don't show up so i do to make them show up and i still cant figure out what it is 

is i

restart the computer 5+ times 

reset the BIOS

open disk management in windows 10

and after awhile they show up and sometimes they have to be formatted through  command prompt 

issue 2

when i woke up earlier and turned on my PC it said no OS Found please disconnect any drives that do not contain a os

and it still wouldn't boot so i opened up my PC and took out the extra hard drives tried it again and it booted and then i put them back in and tried again and it booted but what happened and how can i prevent it from happening again as 

i could lose data

Issue 3 

When i have my PC on i look at the power LED 

and it like flikers from dim to bright and sorta like a power issue any idea what this is?

Motherboard is dying, time for a new one.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

literally just got this one 3 months ago as a replacement 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

that might have been the fastest recommendation for a component i've ever seen without suggesting any other possible issues or fixes or even an explanation

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

that might have been the fastest recommendation for a component i've ever seen without suggesting any other possible issues or fixes or even an explanation

and if it is the motherboard shes been holding on to dear life for the past few months then jeez

well first don't plug usb drives into the machine when booting , i have a few boards that also automatically search usb drives for boot media

the power led might share a ground with the activity led so it might flicker a tiny bit

as for drives randomly stop working without anything else being done to the machine I'm not too sure on that one

Just now, emosun said:

well first don't plug usb drives into the machine when booting , i have a few boards that also automatically search usb drives for boot media

the power led might share a ground with the activity led so it might flicker a tiny bit

as for drives randomly stop working without anything else being done to the machine I'm not too sure on that one

i have the bios set to boot from my ssd first and if there isnt go for the second drives and if that doesn't work go to the usb's i have files that i use daily i suppose i could just move them over to my second drive

maybe the sata/power connector on the hard drive is damage. i had the same problem with my drive not showing up unless the push the sata cable just right.

6 hours ago, mad dudy said:

maybe the sata/power connector on the hard drive is damage. i had the same problem with my drive not showing up unless the push the sata cable just right.

i do have 2 splitters for the sata power as this can only support 2 hard drives i got a spitter so i could have 3

9 hours ago, emosun said:

I've seen this exact issue before....the motherboard was dying. Specifically the SATA ports were on their way out, so every time you rebooted (or a Windows update rebooted for you) you'd lose several drives.

Total pain in the @$$

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I've seen this exact issue before....the motherboard was dying. Specifically the SATA ports were on their way out, so every time you rebooted (or a Windows update rebooted for you) you'd lose several drives.

Total pain in the @$$

but it doesn't happen after you re-install windows they stay untill you re-install i have found it doesn't do this drive glitch with windows 7 though

13 hours ago, Mattk13 said:

and it still wouldn't boot so i opened up my PC and took out the extra hard drives tried it again and it booted and then i put them back in and tried again and it booted

This is happening outside of Win7....therefore it's OS indifferent, therefore it's a mobo issue.

Use your warranty and get a new one, from my experience motherboards tend to have mostly 3 year warranty.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

6 hours ago, 6thOntheLeft said:

Use your warranty and get a new one, from my experience motherboards tend to have mostly 3 year warranty.

i got it off Ebay if this is dying then ill wait and see 

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

This is happening outside of Win7....therefore it's OS indifferent, therefore it's a mobo issue.

it doesn't do it on windows 7. its most likely a 10 issue