PC technician tools?

hello everyone

iam inviting all the PC enthusiast to show off all the tools that they use for repairing/testing/benchmarking/ checking:

Hard drives 

Cpu

ram

motherboard

graphics card 

please list as much as you know - i will be so grateful to all of you who would share all their knowledge to a computer technician like me

many thanks :) 

The only actual tool I use is my multi-bit screwdriver.

As for troubleshooting software there are several things:

HDD's: The various vendors usually have their own hard drive checking software to determine if there are problems with it but Crystal Disk Info does a good job as well.

CPU: Prime95 for heavy testing Overclocks (watch out with AVX instruction set CPUs such as Haswell+ Intel CPUs on auto voltage) or Aida64.

RAM: Memtest86+ all day.

Motherboard: No real software to test it, usually just rely on swapping out parts with known good hardware to see if the issue lies with the individual component or the

motherboard itself.

GPU: Either run a game or other synthetic test such as one of the Unigine benchmarks (Heaven, Valley, Superposition). Some people use FurMark to test as well but that is the equivalent of Prime95 for GPUs.

There are also various PSU testers you can buy that will test the output of them as well. Or just play the swapping game with other known good PSUs like every other component.

ifixit pro tech tool kit does about all of it, maybe a razor blade for bend pins and theres not a whole lot you can do to repair some of that stuff for less time and cost than just buying a new one.  If you mean software, that stuff ranges so far that it doesn't really matter what you use and most people don't care what you do use as long as there are performance numbers.  Just look at a few youtubers' standard benchmarking videos and you can tell from there.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

13 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

The only actual tool I use is my multi-bit screwdriver.

As for troubleshooting software there are several things:

HDD's: The various vendors usually have their own hard drive checking software to determine if there are problems with it but Crystal Disk Info does a good job as well.

CPU: Prime95 for heavy testing Overclocks (watch out with AVX instruction set CPUs such as Haswell+ Intel CPUs on auto voltage) or Aida64.

RAM: Memtest86+ all day.

Motherboard: No real software to test it, usually just rely on swapping out parts with known good hardware to see if the issue lies with the individual component or the

motherboard itself.

GPU: Either run a game or other synthetic test such as one of the Unigine benchmarks (Heaven, Valley, Superposition). Some people use FurMark to test as well but that is the equivalent of Prime95 for GPUs.

There are also various PSU testers you can buy that will test the output of them as well. Or just play the swapping game with other known good PSUs like every other component.

more please ! feed me more :)

i mean i know these already but i want more in dept regarding software tools for each individual hardware in a computer  - by the way so grateful for your help !

HDD : HDSentinel, WD Disk manager, Seagate disk utility

Ram: Memtest86

CPU: any benchmark will do, Prime95 to stress test. I never got any dead cpu in many years of pc building anyway.

GPU: 3dmark

Multiple sized screwdriver with magnet tip, some tweezers, voltmeter, solder kit if any caps are off (rarely), a brush for dust, a vacuum cleaner.

thermal paste, usb to sata cable (very handy), extra keyboard, extra mouse, dvi to hdmi (vice versa), vga to dvi (vice versa).

usb cables, sata cables, lan cables, hdmi/dvi/vga cables, 8gb usb stick for OS installers, a spare usb wifi dongle.

a spare 20gb hdd for faster OS install, wont be missed if broken / dead.

multiple input monitor for testing gpu output.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

oh yeah and a spare PSU.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

HDD : HDSentinel, WD Disk manager, Seagate disk utility

Ram: Memtest86

CPU: any benchmark will do, Prime95 to stress test. I never got any dead cpu in many years of pc building anyway.

GPU: 3dmark

Multiple sized screwdriver with magnet tip, some tweezers, voltmeter, solder kit if any caps are off (rarely), a brush for dust, a vacuum cleaner.

thermal paste, usb to sata cable (very handy), extra keyboard, extra mouse, dvi to hdmi (vice versa), vga to dvi (vice versa).

usb cables, sata cables, lan cables, hdmi/dvi/vga cables, 8gb usb stick for OS installers, a spare usb wifi dongle.

a spare 20gb hdd for faster OS install, wont be missed if broken / dead.

multiple input monitor for testing gpu output.

more please ! feed me more :)

i mean i know these already but i want more in dept regarding software tools for each individual hardware in a computer  - by the way so grateful for your help !

And google... ?

I can list many software, but for problem solving google is my friend.

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

And google... ?

I can list many software, but for problem solving google is my friend.

yeah but i would like to get as many brain storming as i can from any and all of those who would share their knowledge with me :) 

Process Explorer, Autoruns, Malwarebytes, Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, MSI Afterburner, Crucial Storage Executive, Seatools, 3DMark,

Windows built in tools like: SFC, DISM, File History, chkdsk, disk defragmenter, memory error checker, backup, recovery console, event viewer, task schedueler.

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

th?id=OIP.KMzGndtk8WgJTz92jYI1MAHaHa&pid

great - but can you exaggerate please ? i would like a specific answer to my question :) 

55 minutes ago, PC Pig said:

IMG_0002.thumb.JPG.3247eb2e0bba557feb141c4c2db54f9a.JPG

no way ! my tool box looks like i repair space shuttles ! but please answer my question specifically -thanks :)  

35 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Process Explorer, Autoruns, Malwarebytes, Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, MSI Afterburner, Crucial Storage Executive, Seatools, 3DMark,

Windows built in tools like: SFC, DISM, File History, chkdsk, disk defragmenter, memory error checker, backup, recovery console, event viewer, task schedueler.

more please ! feed me more :)

i mean i know these already but i want more in dept regarding software tools for each individual hardware in a computer  - by the way so grateful for your help !