Which 1080 Ti GPU should I get

Sadio Nani

Hi, I am looking for a great gpu and have come t no avail. I was originally going for the evga gtx 1080 ti ftw3 as but i have gone to search for a new gpu for 2 reasons.

1) I wont be using the customer service from the evga gpu.

2) There are very little EVGA gpu in my country.

The current 1080 ti's that i am looking at is the zotac gtx 1080 ti amp, gigabyte aorus gtx 1080 ti xtreme edition and the msi gtx 1080 ti gaming x trio. Pls recommend me any other 1 if u have better options thanks

I'd go for the MSI Gaming X or the Zotac Amp, whichever has the best warranty support in your country. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

asus rog strix

evga black, sc, icx, ftw, kingpin

gigabyte aorus (extreme), waterforce

msi gaming (x), duke, gaming x trio, lightning, sea hawk

zotac amp! (extreme)

those are what I consider great cards. maybe I missed some, but this is what I came up with this fast.

personally I like all three of them, which is the cheapest and has the best warrenty there

all of them basically just the same.

compare price, the clock speed and extra gimmicks.

but most importantly, make sure you get a good after sales support within your area.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I've got the Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus non-Xtreme. I would either go for the Gigabyte or MSI because Zotac got shit VRM cooling solution.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

14 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

all of them basically just the same.

compare price, the clock speed and extra gimmicks.

but most importantly, make sure you get a good after sales support within your area.

ok

15 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

asus rog strix

evga black, sc, icx, ftw, kingpin

gigabyte aorus (extreme), waterforce

msi gaming (x), duke, gaming x trio, lightning, sea hawk

zotac amp! (extreme)

those are what I consider great cards. maybe I missed some, but this is what I came up with this fast.

personally I like all three of them, which is the cheapest and has the best warrenty there

i am not sure. but i am now looking at msi and gigabbyte aorus gpu. not sure which to get

20 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

i am not sure. but i am now looking at msi and gigabbyte aorus gpu. not sure which to get

Depends on what you like. The aorus does have better cooling becouse of more fans (you meant the gaming x right?) But both aren't bad choises

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

Depends on what you like. The aorus does have better cooling becouse of more fans (you meant the gaming x right?) But both aren't bad choises

ya i meant the gamng x trio

2 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

ya i meant the gamng x trio

then which has the best warrenty and which one you think that looks the best.

they aren't really different

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

ok thanks

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

Why do people really say this? Its false... There can be up to 150mhz difference between the brands.

I personally Had a 1080 Ti Strix OC. It boosted itself to 2050mhz when playing. A friend of mine has 1080 Ti Strix non-OC model and it clocks up to 1950mhz. He tried to OC it manually, but he couldnt get past 1975mhz if he wanted it stable. 

Just now, Dversity said:

Why do people really say this? Its false... There can be up to 150mhz difference between the brands.

I personally Had a 1080 Ti Strix OC. It boosted itself to 2050mhz when playing. A friend of mine has 1080 Ti Strix non-OC model and it clocks up to 1950mhz. He tried to OC it manually, but he couldnt get past 1975mhz if he wanted it stable. 

look, partly you're right, but not fully. we're comparing 2 high end products from good brands here. and some have the better binned ones, but you still have the luck of silicon lottery with it. we're not comparing a product in the same series or even brand. and on higher end cards the power delivery is different

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

look, partly you're right, but not fully. we're comparing 2 high end products from good brands here. and some have the better binned ones, but you still have the luck of silicon lottery with it. we're not comparing a product in the same series or even brand. and on higher end cards the power delivery is different

Sure, I get that silicon lottery factor is there, but its just straight up false also saying that they're all the same(I've seen alot of people say this). The temperature has a large impact on the Boost 3.0 also, so the cooling is crucial too. My 1080 Ti wouldnt keep the clock speed at 2050mhz if it operated on 70-80° while playing games. 

2 minutes ago, Dversity said:

Sure, I get that silicon lottery factor is there, but its just straight up false also saying that they're all the same(I've seen alot of people say this). The temperature has a large impact on the Boost 3.0 also, so the cooling is crucial too. My 1080 Ti wouldnt keep the clock speed at 2050mhz if it operated on 70-80° while playing games. 

that's not what I'm saying. The more you pay, the more you (normally) get. But it doesn't mean that these two cards are THAT different. Cooling is crucial, higher end gpu's are the better binned ones. it's all true. But I don't think for these two