Fan Replacement for a Cryorig H5

RarZard

Hi all,

This summer, i've bought a Cryorig H5 Universal for my Ryzen 1600 Oc'ed to 3.9. It keeps the temps good and i'm satisfied with the noise, or at least i was.

Two months ago, the fan suddenly died, and i went for a day without one, just the heatsink. It wasn't too bad, since while gaming, it only got up to 72ºC. I tried to insert another 140mm fan that i had, but i realized the clips are meant for 120mm mounting fans. Whatever, next day i bought another Cryorig XT140 and problem solved.

Everything went smoothly. That is, until i started hearing some sounds coming from the fan. I opened up the case, and stopped the fans to see which one was it and of course, with my luck, it was the recently bought Cryorig XT140. The sound only creeps up sometime and stops when i stop it. but i'm fed up with it. So, i'm looking to replace it for another 140mm fan with 120mm mountings.

I'm not sure if the information is needed, but my fan setup is 2 x Artic F14 PWM up top as exhaust ,1x  be quiet! Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM on the back as exhaust too. As intake, i have 3 be quiet! Pure Wings 2 120 PWM, one on the bottom,and two up front. And i'm guessing that any thicker fan is not a problem, since i believe there will be no interference if it's a thicker fan.

Any suggestions? 

^ The warranty should get you a free fan replacement from Cryorig. 

If you still want a better fan replacement instead, tell us where you're shopping / located and your budget.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've considered using a 120mm fan, but since the original fan was a 140mm one, i'd prefer that.

About the warranty, i'm probably gonna use the warranty but it's probably gonna take 3 weeks - a month until it gets replaced, and at this point, i'm not even sure if i'm gonna reuse the new fan, but that's my luck.

I'm considering shopping on national stores from my country, Portugal, or  ordering from any other european store.

Budget is around the 13-26€ or so, which is around 30$ USD.

Yesterday, i did a quick check on some 140mm fans with  120mm mounting holes, and i took notice of a phanteks F140HP and also some Noctua NF-A15 and Noctua P14 Redux. I think those fit the specifications for the fan clips at least. But i'm open to more suggestions.

Thanks for the replies so far.

9 minutes ago, RarZard said:

I'm considering shopping on national stores from my country, Portugal, or  ordering from any other european store.

Budget is around the 13-26€ or so, which is around 30$ USD.

NF-P14 is great: https://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/cooling/ventoinhas/ventoinhas/noctua-nf-p14r-redux-1500-pwm.html?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.