Cooling generates money for me

I placed my machine near the air suction duct of my apartment and it has prevented me to use the central heating in my apartment so far, and its 5  degree celsius outside. Attaching the image.

linus cooling topic.jpg

Guess that would be a viable reason to run an FX 9590 and an R9 295X2 in the same system...

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I don't believe this is generating money. Perhaps saving... but it's still not running for free :P 

11 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Guess that would be a viable reason to run an FX 9590 and an R9 295X2 in the same system...

oh I see what you mean....

Edited by Jazz Jackrabbit

5 minutes ago, danomicar said:

A penny saved is a penny earned!

Actually some apartments you get free electric. Even some condo's get free electric. It is not as rare as you would think.

2 minutes ago, danomicar said:

I don't believe this is generating money. Perhaps saving... but it's still not running for free :P 

maybe, but it is really making me happy right now since I kept the cards running for mining and low crypto rates meant I was not earning money. 

Since now I am not using heater, the mining operation is paying for it self when combined with my crypto earning. My heater bill used to be $40-50 last year, and currently the system is using 400W in total meaning it will cost me $31 in one month. So, hopefully this will suffice till it hits maybe -5 degree celsius outside :P

Going with dual graphics cards before dual channel memory, because priorities...

2 minutes ago, Jazz Jackrabbit said:

Both of them are rx 580s :)

Crossfire RX580s with a shit-tier 500w EVGA W1 PSU?

No wonder you don't need to run your central heating; you'll have a small furnace going once that thing combusts!

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

7 minutes ago, Jazz Jackrabbit said:

have you thought about the glorious perpetual machine or even solar. Panels are cheap now. In the news years ago there was a bum who lived in the dirt crawl space of a house for a long time. The house was sold and they were doing renovations. The bum had a very nice setup with heat and electricity. He was not mining or nothing like that, but that just goes to show you the lengths people go to call a place home and a comfortable home is the best home. Blue light wakes up the brain, I would suggest orange or green for you and get rid of the blue. Your wiring is A1! Forget solder and use elec tape :)

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

have you thought about the glorious perpetual machine or even solar. Panels are cheap now. In the news years ago there was a bum who lived in the dirt crawl space of a house for a long time. The house was sold and they were doing renovations. The bum had a very nice setup with heat and electricity.

Too much efforts for me :D

4 minutes ago, Jazz Jackrabbit said:

Too much efforts for me :D

You get an A+ for effort on your wiring. You could match the rgb to your electrical tape! However the real pro uses what ever is at arms reach. Scotch tape, duct tape, gum, latex. Yes I have used it all, and more. Just have to make sure the twist is tight.

Are you using an AC to DC converter for your fans going to the top of the case?

Could even use a regular table fan or floor fan. I have seen it all.

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

You get an A+ for effort on your wiring. You could match the rgb to your electrical tape!

Thanks...I am actually thinking of buildind a hanging PC just like this plane...without any case...would be awesome to make it hang on RGB pipes !!

image.png.745494aca135b34ed5b25dbe6cf0fcab.png

3 minutes ago, Jazz Jackrabbit said:

hanging PC

Why not put the pc inside a model plane?

That would be so much cooler IMO!

Wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.

Your monitor wires would have to be camo'd good somehow.

Your front rotors could act as legit cooling!

8 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

You get an A+ for effort on your wiring. You could match the rgb to your electrical tape! However the real pro uses what ever is at arms reach. Scotch tape, duct tape, gum, latex. Yes I have used it all, and more. Just have to make sure the twist is tight.

Are you using an AC to DC converter for your fans going to the top of the case?

Could even use a regular table fan or floor fan. I have seen it all.

No no, using the same power unit of PC for fans...just used those power splitter able thingies don't remember exactly what its called.

Just now, Canada EH said:

Why not put the pc inside a model plane?

That would be so much cooler IMO!

Yeah Linus has done that actually :P

4 minutes ago, Jazz Jackrabbit said:

Yeah Linus has done that actually :P

Oh sorry, I do not watch his video's.

Why not one up Lman and put a pc inside an operating radio controlled helicopter?!

Figure out a wireless monitor setup, if available. MMMMmmmm power, you'd have to check on that if you go that amazing route to one up Lman.

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Oh sorry, I do not watch his video's.

Why not one up Lman and put a pc inside an operating radio controlled helicopter?!

....that is exactly what he did...wasn't that RGB though :)

10 minutes ago, Speed Weed said:

Build a PC using this portable fuel tank as a case.

Various-Capacity-Diesel-Jerrycan-Portabl

Actually... That's a great idea! you can custom fit some fan filters, and just carry the dang thing around with you. You can even put in a side panel window if you want. Thanks for  the idea

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.