USB-C File Transfer Between two laptops/PCs?

Reddy Mouniswar

Hii Guys, I Got Two  USB-C Female to USB-A Male Adapters. I Want to know Is it Possible to Transfer Files between two laptop/PCs Using USB-C Port?

4 minutes ago, Reddy Mouniswar said:

Hii Guys, I Got Two  USB-C Female to USB-A Male Adapters. I Want to know Is it Possible to Transfer Files between two laptop/PCs Using USB-C Port?

The USB protocol does not support this.

you could share a folder on the network and share it that way.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

If We have Thunderbolt 3 Support for that Specific USB-C Port then we can transfer Files, Right?

2 minutes ago, Reddy Mouniswar said:

If We have Thunderbolt 3 Support for that Specific USB-C Port then we can transfer Files, Right?

It's not going to work, Thunderbolt is a totally different protocol but also does not support direct file transfer.

Every USB device has a small chip to identify itself and that is how a computer knows how to operate it.

Both computers would not know how to deal with the connection as there are no instructions upon connecting

you could get a ethernet cable between the two, let one share a wireless network from the wireless to the wired network and transfer that way. only limited to the speed of the switch, cable or hdd/ssd

7 minutes ago, Reddy Mouniswar said:

Is there any other way to transfer files more than 1GBPS Other than LAN?

not as of yet AND both computers must have NVMe SSD on M.2 connections that are PCI-e. otherwise it will be maxed out at 500Mbps~ due to Sata ristrictions.

Also connection speed does not guarantee transfer speeds.

Anyway Thanks For Clarifying My Doubt Guys. I have a Dumb 100MB Lan Card in My Laptop. I Will Get USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter to atleast Get 1GBPS.(125MBps)

Yup Okay Guys, Then In a Specification of Some laptops there are mentioning USB 3.1 Gen1(Type-C).We Can Transfer upto 5GBPs. What This Specification Means? 

3 minutes ago, Reddy Mouniswar said:

Yup Okay Guys, Then In a Specification of Some laptops there are mentioning USB 3.1 Gen1(Type-C).We Can Transfer upto 5GBPs. What This Specification Means? 

It means you have a USB port that uses a Type-C connector with a theoretical bandwidth of 5 gigabits per second, but in practice is less due to protocol overhead. So you're really looking at around maybe 450 MB/s on a good day.

However this does not mean you can use this port to transfer files.

4 minutes ago, Reddy Mouniswar said:

That is the Bandwith of the USB-C chip that is on the computer.

The Gen1 has a maximum theoretical transfer speed up to the 5Gbps which is in reality less as @M.Yurizaki Mentioned

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It means you have a USB port that uses a Type-C connector with a theoretical bandwidth of 5 gigabits per second, but in practice is less due to protocol overhead. So you're really looking at around maybe 450 MB/s on a good day.

However this does not mean you can use this port to transfer files.

OK Thats Great I'm Asking How to Achieve often that 450Mbps Speed?I Know even if thunderbolt 3 supports 40Gbps but in practical it is maximum capable 4.8Gbps

Just now, Reddy Mouniswar said:

OK Thats Great I'm Asking How to Achieve often that 450Mbps Speed?I Know even if thunderbolt 3 supports 40Gbps but in practical it is maximum capable 4.8Gbps

If you're transferring files, then it depends on the size of each file and the quantity. Large amounts of small files will kill transfer speeds with any interface because of the overhead involved.

And being nitpicky, but you have to capitalize your B's if you're talking about bytes per second. If you use lower case b's, then you're talking about bits per second.

6 minutes ago, Reddy Mouniswar said:

There is a difference in Data transfer speeds and File transfer speeds, these should not be confused.

you are talking about File which is hindered by allot of overhead and devices.

and the "how often" depends on the Size, big file are transfered faster then alot of small ones.

how fast the drive is with it write speed.

quality of the cable.

reaction time of the controller that is writing that data.

Okay Thank You Guys Spending for your time on this post. i got some knowledge and also clarified My doubt.