i had to reset windows on my pc do i have to change update my BIOS motherboard settings of american trends?

as stated did a fresh windows install for i was having issues and now some of my usb ports are not working i noticed the BIOS is on american megatrends.

i have a  z370-h gaming motherboard less than 7 months old but i am unsure if the BIOS changed with the update please help.

30 minutes ago, jimmbraz said:

as stated did a fresh windows install for i was having issues and now some of my usb ports are not working i noticed the BIOS is on american megatrends.

i have a  z370-h gaming motherboard less than 7 months old but i am unsure if the BIOS changed with the update please help.

Did you download the drivers from the manufacturers website?

Should be the Chipset Driver.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

do u have to redownload it after a fresh install? or does it do it automatically sorry im new as to setting these things up.

2 minutes ago, jimmbraz said:

do u have to redownload it after a fresh install? or does it do it automatically sorry im new as to setting these things up.

most of the time it does with windows update.

but it can be that windows update cannot find it, so manually downloading it is always recommended.

then you also know that you have the latest one :D

ok so go into driver update and then click the downloaded chipset version from ausus ill try it now cheers 

also whats sata? and VGa they are coming up in downloads do i need to do anything with them?

7 minutes ago, jimmbraz said:

also whats sata? and VGa they are coming up in downloads do i need to do anything with them?

Sata is the way you can connect a normal harddisk, a controller is handeling the requests for the hard drive, this is the driver for that unit.

VGA is a Video Signal type, if you have a seperate videocard you should download the driver from their site.

Just a a general thing, installing drivers is not a bad thing.