GBA-mods

Neo-revo

First off Hi,

Any one else here done any of the mods to the GBA' (backlight/amp etc)

I have reshelled a couple GBA SP's and 'repaired' a GB Color once.. Plus I am in the process of making a 'GBA Macro' (A DS Lite without a top screen to play GBA games on), but no backlit mods and such.

Part of me kind of wants to do the backlit mod on a GBA (not SP) and also add a rechargeable battery. That would probably be the go to console for myself to play GBA/GB/GBC games on.

Comfortable design, nice backlit screen (after the mod), 3.5mm jack, rechargeable battery (after getting one) and being able to GB and GBC games too. But I am compromising with the DS Lite mod.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

12 hours ago, Minibois said:

, but no backlit mods and such.

if you have basic soldering skills you should be able to do the backlit one easy,  the AMP on the other i just pray'ed that it worked when i turned it on after, and it did, so i did a backlit mod to it too,

hands down the best shit ever,    ribbon adapter solder a few things and  bam.   FYI,  brightness adapter wasn't worth the extra hassle, its neat, but i just left it on bright, LOL defeating the purpose

i included the 'diagram' of where you need to connect wires to on the ampside then the board. as well....  also note  a highlighted arm on  a tiny chip. that one arm, 2nd in, needs to be 'detached' to bypass onboard amp signal or something along those line,

The backlight mod is hella easier, and if you can buy a secondary mod that makes wiring it in easier, and gives it a steady voltage,   *i dont have a diagram for it, but i'm pretty sure  it was just 3 wires to attach and the ribbon cable. 

The backlit mod is just replacing it with a GBA-SP101 backlit screen, i did it over buying an SP since big ass hands dont like that form factor

gba-wires.jpg

I'd really love to start modding the original GBA, sadly my original one died in a house fire (along with my GB Color and like 40 games).

The Gameboy Advance is the best handheld console of all time in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

(along with my GB Color and like 40 games).

did you keep some ashes in an URN (seriously though that hurts) : terribly sorry for the loss.

plenty of 'instuctables' exist for this,  just need to have a GBA to open up and figure out if you need the 32pin or 40 pin ribbon mod to complete the screen transfer.

Both have blacklit SP101 screens and pretty sure the orange case has the amp. well one of them does either way.

The glow case, has the original GBA mainboard. i got when GBA was  brand spanking new (as a teen/ bday gift)

still have 1 or 2 vanilla GBA i prolly bought for 10$ each or something off ebay.

IMG_20181029_185435833.jpg

BTW people are all like But just make a raspberry Pi.  

**im like OBV didnt grow up with a grey gameboy**  and doesnt reply.

17 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

The Gameboy Advance is the best handheld console of all time in my opinion.

also games are not region locked, so i can play japan only/ EU only games on my 'american' GBA