Best TR4 cooler

Alesek

Hello, I have TR 1950x with Noctua NH-U14S TR4, but it gets quite warmer and louder than I'd like. Do you guys know which is the best cooler for Threadripper? I was looking at Dark Rock Pro TR4 but there are no reviews I can find. Also I am fine with an AIO if it performs significantly better than the Noctua. The only thing I wanna avoid is Enermax as I heard some bad things about their TR AIOs.

Cheers

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

12 minutes ago, Alesek said:

I was looking at Dark Rock Pro TR4 but there are no reviews I can find.

That's because it's a pretty new CPU cooler. Despite that, I'd get the Dark Rock Pro TR4 because it looks amazing and it's one of the best air coolers on the market.

I'm not gonna recommend an AIO liquid cooler because those haven't been reliable for me in the past.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

3 minutes ago, seoz said:

~snip~

thats not better than the noctua for sure...

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

Cooler Maser was supposed to put out adequate coolers, but they just didn't. Currently running a Gen 2, 2nd batch Liqtech TR4 II 360. Waiting for Asus' supposed TR4 cooler to materialize, but it's rough over here on team TR4 without going custom loop.

5 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

That's because it's a pretty new CPU cooler. Despite that, I'd get the Dark Rock Pro TR4 because it looks amazing and it's one of the best air coolers on the market.

I'm not gonna recommend an AIO liquid cooler because those haven't been reliable for me in the past.

that cooler looks beastly, but I dont wanna spend money on it without knowing for sure it will perform significantly better than the noctua

4 minutes ago, seoz said:

is artic sponsoring you? I am not looking for a cooler which will somehow work but for the best one, which this is definitely not.

3 minutes ago, King Poet said:

Cooler Maser was supposed to put out adequate coolers, but they just didn't. Currently running a Gen 2, 2nd batch Liqtech TR4 II 360. Waiting for Asus' supposed TR4 cooler to materialize, but it's rough over here on team TR4 without going custom loop.

I am really afraid of Enermax TR4 coolers after everything Ive heard... Gotta keep hoping for someone to release something decent then. Or buy a waterblock and go back to custom loop, which Id love to avoid as it waswas major pain before

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

2 minutes ago, Alesek said:

is artic sponsoring you? I am not looking for a cooler which will somehow work but for the best one, which this is definitely not.

No, they don't sponsor me. But I understand. Good luck on your cooler quest though.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

11 minutes ago, Alesek said:

I am really afraid of Enermax TR4 coolers after everything Ive heard... Gotta keep hoping for someone to release something decent then. Or buy a waterblock and go back to custom loop, which Id love to avoid as it waswas major pain before

I talked with them a great deal before getting my RMA replacement. They had a corrosion issue in their supply chain which persisted through the first batch of Gen 2. They stopped production. Found and fixed the issue, then sent out new coolers to everyone that asked. But I do understand the stigma that exists now.

1 minute ago, King Poet said:

I talked with them a great deal before getting my RMA replacement. They had a corrosion issue in their supply chain which persisted through the first batch of Gen 2. They stopped production. Found and fixed the issue, then sent out new coolers to everyone that asked. But I do understand the stigma that exists now.

but is there a way to know which batch would I be buying? also do you know if they cover any damages their cooler would cause?

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

2 minutes ago, Alesek said:

but is there a way to know which batch would I be buying? also do you know if they cover any damages their cooler would cause?

They called back any of the bad ones in stock, so you won't get a bad batch cooler.

No, they don't.

27 minutes ago, seoz said:

No, they don't sponsor me. But I understand. Good luck on your cooler quest though.

Comparing the performance of a 6 core 6 thread CPU to a 16 core 32thread CPU would be hard pushed. The u14s is a superior cooler to the arctic.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Comparing the performance of a 6 core 6 thread CPU to a 16 core 32thread CPU would be hard pushed. The u14s is a superior cooler to the arctic.

I suggest watching the Bitwit video I linked earlier for a more concise method of review.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.