Why can't the music industry return to this?

Mooshi

The Music business are two different things now. There's the music, which the artists just wanna do, and the business.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It will return in 2020 when dubstep and boy band's are a thing of the past. Just wait for the beatles 2.0

Diamond 5 in League :)

Just be happy that you can still find this kind of thing online. Imagine being back in the early-mid 20th century when losing a recording (be it vinyl, cassette, etc.) meant that you had to find another source (which was often hard to come by).

I for one am much happier finding great music online and not lining the pockets of executives. Hah.

Pew Pew Helicopters

Just wait for the beatles 2.0

that'll be the second coming when Jesus issues his retort about being popular.  no human will ever be the beatles 2.0

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It will return in 2020 when dubstep and boy band's are a thing of the past. Just wait for the beatles 2.0

Agreed but what about Beethoven 2.0 as well :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

we really haven't had anything game changing since nevermind with "mainstream pop" that brings something somewhat underground to the mainstream.

I most definitely agree that music industry these days (my generation) really wasn't able to offer much of great music..

however, there are always things that are timeless and just oh-my-god-w-t-f-mind-blown, and in music those things keep popping up again and again and again (I won't name any specifics here, but you know what I'm talking about)

While I agree we should look back and learn some more, there's always some gem music that you probably haven't heard.

@ OP: I know dem feels, bro.