Which cord should I use to connect a monitor to a pc?

DanielRobboSon

So I've been looking at a 144hz msi monitor that I want for Christmas this year (https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-G27C2/Overview) and i'm not sure which cord I should use to connect it to my PC for 144hz. I have an OMEN by HP 870-219. Someone link a cord to use. (amazon.ca under 30 dollars, high speed cord that will support 144hz)

back of PC.jpg

back of PC 2.jpg

You don't need to buy a cable because the monitor comes with one.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Just now, DanielRobboSon said:

oh it does? where does it say that

That's standard for everything nowadays so don't worry.

It comes with both an HDMI and a Displayport cable. You'll need the Display port cable for 144Hz though.

Just a heads up, I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about this monitor with everything from clouding to random input loss. Some reviews, on Amazon at least, say they received no cables while others say they got a display port and HDMI cable. MSI support says it only comes with a power cable and right below that others say they got a DisplayPort cable with the monitor.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Your best choice would probably be DisplayPort , followed by HDMI.

HDMI may work at 144 Hz only with reduced color information (in YCbCr 4:2:0 mode) which would worse in Windows and some games, but while watching movies you may not notice any issues. It may work just fine at 120 Hz using HDMI cable without losing color information.

See this thread :

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Just a heads up, I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about this monitor with everything from clouding to random input loss. Some reviews, on Amazon at least, say they received no cables while others say they got a display port and HDMI cable. MSI support says it only comes with a power cable and right below that others say they got a DisplayPort cable with the monitor.

Oh man, in that case, it might be a better idea to look for an alternative or, if you must get this monitor order a Display port cable just in case.