LTT VARIOUS OLD PARTS LAYING AROUND.

LINUXXUNIL

Good afternoon, Everyone. I woke up this morning, and started rummaging around in my closet. Just plain bored today. I grabbed a bunch of parts and, threw this together.

I didn't really have a "Goal." in mind.........there wasn't any rhyme, or reason.

I was curious about?................. what looks like a small length of cable coming from the end my GPU plug?

I had four of these cards laying around,( Asus Turbo GEFORCE GTX 1070) and decided I would add another.

I am going to run (2) cards SLI with a bridge.

I haven't built anything, in about 7 years, and I am unfamiliar with this plug.

Blah, Blah....Blah...O.K.

Question: Do I put the 6+2 together, and plug it into the lower card (8) pin female?

Or, do I just run another cable from the PSU directly to the other card?

I don't want to damage anything?

I appreciate your time.Thanks.

LTTDELTA.jpg

LTTCHARLIE.jpg

LTTECHO.jpg

LTTALPHA.png

LTTBRAVO.png

You can power both cards with that cable, but it is ideal to have 2 separate cables for max power overhead.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If you haven't built anything in 7 years, how did you just happen to have a 7600K, a 1070, and an NVMe SSD just laying in your closet?

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

12 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

If you haven't built anything in 7 years, how did you just happen to have a 7600K, a 1070, and an NVMe SSD just laying in your closet?

Yeeeeeeee

I hAve an unfinished pc build. Pls dont bully for not having one yet or i cry.

15 hours ago, fasauceome said:

You can power both cards with that cable, but it is ideal to have 2 separate cables for max power overhead.

Hello. I thought Corsair was (1) saving money in manufacturing cost, and (2) possibly making it modular (to a degree.) for (4) pin cards etc. or what have you.

I was 90% on running another cable, Soooo, that's what I'll do.

I appreciate your help.

39 minutes ago, CUDAcores89 said:

Are, you you linustechtips or something and just has random high end GPUs laying around?

pf, who doesn't has 4 1070s in their closet?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

5 hours ago, LINUXXUNIL said:

Hello. I thought Corsair was (1) saving money in manufacturing cost, and (2) possibly making it modular (to a degree.) for (4) pin cards etc. or what have you.

I was 90% on running another cable, Soooo, that's what I'll do.

I appreciate your help.

it's super common practice to have split power cables like that, it's on every PSU I've ever owned. Also, no such thing as 4 pin PCIe inputs (just nitpicking)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Hello. I ran a separate cable to the other GPU.

I also just ordered (2) more sticks on RAM to populate the other (2) DIMM slots.

At this point........There isn't any need for more than 32GB.

I'm calling this 90% done.

Again, I appreciate your input. ( Pun, intended.)

P_20181026_185151_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20181026_185239_vHDR_Auto.jpg

LTTTTLA.png

LTTTTLB.png

LTTTTLC.png

Hello. I ran a separate cable to the GPU.

i also ordered (2) more DIMM cards to populate the other slots.

I'm considering this 90% done.

Again, I appreciate your input. (Pun, intended.)

P_20181026_180651_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20181026_180716_vHDR_Auto.jpg

7 minutes ago, LINUXXUNIL said:

also ordered (2) more DIMM cards to populate the other slots.

What is that ram cover you're using?

Primary PC:

2 hours ago, fasauceome said:

What is that ram cover you're using?

Hello. The first photo is of the ram in the system. (Red Light Only.)

The second photo is the ram, I ordered today. (RGB) (Both of them are sold as kits.)

THE LINK IS FOR THE FAN ONLY. (RGB)

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/Dominator-Airflow-Platinum-RGB-Fan/p/CMDAF2

LTTREPLYA.png

LTTREPLYB.png

P_20181025_155918_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20181026_150641_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20181026_150648_vHDR_Auto.jpg