At Games is BS

Hi

Recently I learned that At games is deceiving there consumers in flat out lying to them. One of there recent gaming consoles contained NES ROMs instead of Arcade ROMs. I find this to be a deal breaker for me. I am wondering how others feel about this poorly made decision that they made.

In the past I have bought the Sega Genesis clone console to find that the sound was completely wrong. Also I had a Atari Flashback portable Console that broke when I dropped it on carpet. The screen fell out and broke, Segment of screen is white and none of image can be displayed there. 

I don't recommend ever buying At Games products. People Want what they pay for. The product is only 20 but is not what is shown on package. They even went so far as to send a reviewer a wrong product. The one with the NES ROMS on it instead of the Arcade ROMs that were on the package. Don't buy product unless you know what you are buying. 

That's common knowledge. I also wouldn't call those $20 things "consoles". Thus it doen't really fit in here.

You can buy a used Genesis for less than $20 and a flash card for less than $25 shipped.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I do too. They seem to sell well shit. I've also heard about excess screen tearing. They can't even get that right.  A Raspberry Pi is a better choice despite the cost of Pi and SD card. Not really legal but it is more accurate. I would take NES Classic over that Blast POS any day. At least that is legal.

2 hours ago, Eric Kazer said:

I do too. They seem to sell well shit. I've also heard about excess screen tearing. They can't even get that right.  A Raspberry Pi is a better choice despite the cost of Pi and SD card. Not really legal but it is more accurate. I would take NES Classic over that Blast POS any day. At least that is legal.

I have an SNES Classic dual booted with the NES Classic (plus I picked up an NES Classic controller for it) and it is a hell of an emulation box for NES/SNES/Famicom/Super Famicom/Famicom Disk System. It's the exact same hardware as the NES Classic. I didn't even want it and thought it was stupid compared to my Raspberry Pi I built but I got gifted the SNES Classic for Christmas last year and immediately fell in love with the thing after playing it. The controllers (both SNES Classic and NES Classic) feel absolutely dead on to the real things and there is something like a couple less frames of lag in the Canoe emulator for NES/SNES Classic vs the Nestopia/FCEUX emulators through Retroarch on my Retropie. Linus always talks about Super Mario World as his test for input lag and the NES/SNES Classic is the first emulation I have ever played of it that felt like the real game I had on my SNES 26 years ago. While the difference in lag between Retropie and SNES/NES Classic isn't noticeable in a lot of games, in Super Mario World it is unmistakable and the game is hard to play on Retropie because of that IMO. I can't recommend the NES/SNES Classic systems highly enough. Another cool thing is the NES Classic has the Famicom Disk System BIOS installed since a few of the Famicom Mini games in Japan are Famicom Disk System (off the top of my head Zelda 1 & 2 and Metroid), which means with an NES Classic or dual booted SNES Classic you can play Famicom Disk System games too. It's such a great little piece of hardware, second only to having the real systems with an RGB or HDMI mod.

I like SNES and NES classic. I have them both. I also like to use Raspberry Pi, but make sure that on a Raspberry Pi 3 and 3B+ that the power is over 5 volts, no Lightning Bolt. That slows the CPU down to 700 MHz. That causes lag. Use a approved PSU for PI 3 and Pi 3B+. It is best to have 5.25 volts to prevent CPU slowdown.

As for Super Mario World I have seen lag, but I was powering it off of my TV's USB port. The same may hold true on both Classic consoles.