HELP! new SSD not performing as it should (i think)

i_build_nanosuits
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

especially on the write speed it seems a lot more consistent now...and i didn't do anything different, only used another benchmark tool...wierd

What do you think? normal? i shouldn't worry about it anymore and go play games then? :)

Stop worrying and enjoy the systems, your drives are fine.

So i got this new 960GB SSD the model is ADATA SU650 and when i test it's performance it spits out all kinds of numbers

and some seem very low compared to my other drive which is a Crucial M500 240GB...and i think the SU650 should be faster

according to this:

https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Crucial-M500-240GB-vs-Adata-SU650-960GB/1551vsm519561

My computer power management mode is already set to maximum performance, my motherboard is Z87-G45 gaming from MSI

and i believe all 6 SATA connections are SATA3 / 6GBps (correct me if im wrong)

Here are the results:

Adata SU650

SU650.PNG

Crucial M500

M500.PNG

From what i understand both of these drives are mid-range performer and they should act about the same, right?

So, what am i doing wrong? why is the performance so inconsistent and all over the place...thanks for helping guys!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Dont use userbenchmark, it really isn't great, esp when giving one number.

Both of these numbers seem fine. the su650 is a low end drive and dramless( i think), so the random reads really aren't that good.

so it's normal that the Q8t8 and Q32T1 read (whatever that means) numbers are that much lower on this drive you think?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

so it's normal that the Q8t8 and Q32T1 (whatever that means) numbers are that much lower on this drive you think?

the su650 is a low end dram less drives so its expected that it will do worse. Pay more if you want a faster drive.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

the su650 is a low end dram less drives so its expected that it will do worse. Pay more if you want a faster drive.

the reason for getting this drive is to put games on it and get rid of my loud ass 1TB HDD that i used to have...so it doesn need to be cutting edge fast...slightly faster and silent is good enough...do you think it's at least a little bit faster than my seagate HDD that is now in my closet? :(

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

the reason for getting this drive is to put games on it and get rid of my loud ass 1TB HDD that i used to have...so it doesn need to be cutting edge fast...slightly faster and silent is good enough...do you think it's at least a little bit faster than my seagate HDD that is now in my closet? :(

Its much faster than any hdd.

Is there a problem, everything seems fine.

It's faaar better than a HDD.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Its much faster than any hdd.

Is there a problem, everything seems fine.

no problem :)

i'm running ATTO benchmark now and the numbers from the SU650 seem a bit faster than the M500 across the board in this benchmark:

Left is M500 and Right is SU650

Capture.PNG

especially on the write speed it seems a lot more consistent now...and i didn't do anything different, only used another benchmark tool...wierd

What do you think? normal? i shouldn't worry about it anymore and go play games then? :)

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

alright thanks for the help brother!

Have a good evening! :)

Hello i_build_nanosuits, 

if you want to verify the SSD as a whole, you may check the drive with the official diagnostic software of the manufacturer. This will provide you with a trustworthy result. ?

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming