pulled my old hdd from my win7 laptop but it says disk is dynamic and will not work with usb hdd enclosures

budget_nerd

i dont have my old laptop with me at the time

orginally that hdd was my boot drive but then i cloned it to my ssd and modified partitions to use as secondry hdd on old(same) laptop

sice i got my new laptop i took it and put in a usb case but it wont show up partition manager says its dynamic and have to be converted to basic

win10 cant do it without formatting

i have tried Easeus (didnt work) and partition wizard (not working)

brfore moving out i thought my enclosure was faulty because when i put it back in my old machine it worked

any help????

*i dont have my old laptop at the moment

any software solution to fix??

I looked around the net for a bit and it looks like it's impossible to convert the disk to basic without a full format. An option is to clone it to another drive, but I assume that you don't have an extra drive laying around?

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I looked around the net for a bit and it looks like it's impossible to convert the disk to basic without a full format. An option is to clone it to another drive, but I assume that you don't have an extra drive laying around?

hmm

i worst case senario i will recover the data when i  visit home next time because the drive works on the old laptop and maybe Easeus can convert it to basic drive on that machine