Cleaning Case and perfecting airflow

MysteryFade

So basically I am planning on getting a water cooler. but I don't know what works best for cleaning my case.

I got a lot of finger marks on my tempered glass and on the front of my pc.

and I also got some dust inside.
And I also don't know I can perfect airflow in my case because it feels like my CPU is currently suffocating.

I have the Coolermaster master box 5 lite

And the pre-installed case fans.

I am going to change the back 120mm fan for my water cooler radiator.

I hope you guys could help me out.

5 minutes ago, MysteryFade said:

I hope you guys could help me out.

First you need to know the difference between fan types in which you can learn more about here

Then you will need to look at the air flow direction you want, usually a front to back solution is recommended BUT given the situation (and location of dust filters) a bottom to top config could also be a solution. just don't use bottom to top without dust filters or on a carpet floor.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

You can wipe the tempered glass with a soft cloth. If the smudges aren't coming of, you can use a bit of soap and water. 

What are your specs and temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs and temps?

I have:

i7 8700 / ~70°C (underperforming)

ROG Strix 1070-ti  / ~40°C

8 gigs of ram (upgrading next week) ~45°C

z370-f motherboard

Coolermaster MasterBox lite 5

Cougar 550W 50+ gold PSU

Upgrading(next week):

NZXT m22 (not sure yet)

8 more gigs of ram

6 minutes ago, MysteryFade said:

I have:

i7 8700 / ~70°C (underperforming)

ROG Strix 1070-ti  / ~40°C

8 gigs of ram (upgrading next week) ~45°C

z370-f motherboard

Coolermaster MasterBox lite 5

Cougar 550W 50+ gold PSU

70c and 40c are low temps and shouldn't affect performance. How is it under-performing? Are these load temps? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

35 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

70c and 40c are low temps and shouldn't affect performance. How is it under-performing? Are these load temps? 

I forgot to mention the 70C is idle the 40 isn't 

9 minutes ago, MysteryFade said:

I forgot to mention the 70C is idle the 40 isn't 

That's seems backwards. What are you using to stress test the components and read temps?

What motherboard and cooler are you using? Are you using the default motherboard settings?

8 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

That's seems backwards. What are you using to stress test the components and read temps?

What motherboard and cooler are you using? Are you using the default motherboard settings?

I Have a stock cooler... and the rog Strix z370-f motherboard

I used CPU-Z for the processor and GPU-Z running Cod BO4 on ultra 1440p as stress test for my gpu

5 minutes ago, MysteryFade said:

I Have a stock cooler... and the rog Strix z370-f motherboard

I used CPU-Z for the processor and GPU-Z running Cod BO4 on ultra 1440p as stress test for my gpu

Ah, that explains the low 40c. COD is not nearly as intensive as a synthetic load like Unigine Valley. 

By default, Asus motherboards have Multi Core Enhancement enabled which is effectively an auto oc. If you haven't already, disabling it and setting core voltage manually should help with temps. What's your core voltage currently at? 

You should also try reseating your cooler, double checking the thermal paste spread, and making sure that the plastic pins are fully inserted and locked into position.