How to fix broken integrated graphics

Ooop

So I have this Asus all in one (basically laptop lol), it had Radeon graphics but that died ages ago. I have access to the cpu and the screen is fucked so I can remove the screen if you want. Using external monitors etc etc I came to the conclusion that both the screen and integrated graphics were dead. I might as well include pics here. This may be a fun project but I don’t have much hope. Basically I’m trying to repair the integrated graphics. Oh and this thing has a PCIE x 1 slot so uh no dedicated graphics. I don’t have the money for a cpu with integrated graphics or if this board even supports removing the cpu. 

923D919D-C441-45C9-BC95-35C2CC70E8C4.jpeg

E6CE836C-A901-46B2-BD96-55E055162847.jpeg

E6CE836C-A901-46B2-BD96-55E055162847.jpeg

954522B5-ADED-4967-9446-4083DCADBAAA.jpeg

that doesn't look like it has a dedicated gpu... 

can you post the model of the system as well as specs? 

She/Her

37 minutes ago, Ooop said:

If your silicon is dead then it's pretty much dead.

But it looks like there's only one die on that board, and there certainly isn't any VRAM on the motherboard

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If your silicon is dead then it's pretty much dead.

But it looks like there's only one die on that board, and there certainly isn't any VRAM on the motherboard

I mean THERE IS Vram on the motherboard though. I sometimes fixed it by banging my screen so wonder if it’s just loose or something. What am I looking for in terms of integrated gpu graphics? Red circles please.

3 minutes ago, Ooop said:

I mean THERE IS Vram on the motherboard though. I sometimes fixed it by banging my screen so wonder if it’s just loose or something. What am I looking for in terms of integrated gpu graphics? Red circles please.

Even if there's VRAM where the CPU die and GPU die? there should be at least a few GDDR5 chips if it has a dedicated GPU

Even if you were to find your CPU it's unlikely you could do anything to fix it, maybe if you somehow clamped it tighter to the board it may fix a bad connection but it's unlikely to be worth the effort.
1927414045_RX560.jpg.469dc200f0a7180dfb1202932d103112.jpg

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Hmm, I know nothing of laptop hardware but the iGPU is normally a part of the CPU die or a chipset on the motherboard. I had a laptop years ago & I forget the specs but it was a cheap/low end laptop I bought in 2011 or 2012(searching my emails it was possibly a HP G50, in that regard for some reason the 211CA comes to mind but according to the HP specs page it had a Intel Celeron, the one I'm thinking of had AMD A4 (maybe a A6, though A4 is more likely I think) mobile APU, unless the G50 is one I had before and I replaced it after.), it ended up banged hard/dropped & ended up cracking the screen & no video or anything would show up on the screen, I ended up selling it for parts or repair & the person that bought it contacted me sometime after saying they got it up and running, apparently there was some solder broken for the GPU, he had to reflow the solder (or something like that) to fix it.

Edit: After doing a bit more looking around, the HP G50-211ca was indeed my 2nd to last laptop that I bought new from future shop back in 2009, my last laptop was a Acer Aspire 5560-7679 with a A6-3520M & a Radeon HD 6520G iGPU that was a demo unit I bought on clearence at Walmart 6 years ago (October 20th 2012), after it broke I bought the parts to build my 1st PC late summer 2013.

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Even if there's VRAM where the CPU die and GPU die? there should be at least a few GDDR5 chips if it has a dedicated GPU

Even if you were to find your CPU it's unlikely you could do anything to fix it, maybe if you somehow clamped it tighter to the board it may fix a bad connection but it's unlikely to be worth the effort.
1927414045_RX560.jpg.469dc200f0a7180dfb1202932d103112.jpg

The CPU is under the heat sink. The copper bit. Also why did you include a picture of a graphics card?

1 hour ago, Ooop said:

The CPU is under the heat sink. The copper bit. Also why did you include a picture of a graphics card?

For reference on what GDDR5 chips look like

Unless you mean the CPU is under the fan, and the GPU is under the heat pipe to the bottom right of it, you don't seem to have a dedicated GPU on that board then

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Streetguru said:

For reference on what GDDR5 chips look like

Unless you mean the CPU is under the fan, and the GPU is under the heat pipe to the bottom right of it, you don't seem to have a dedicated GPU on that board then

No the cpu is under the heat pipe. I have integrated graphics on my mobo lol, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to use it.

6 hours ago, Ooop said:

No the cpu is under the heat pipe. I have integrated graphics on my mobo lol, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to use it.

Right, there's only one die on the board, your CPU has graphics processing built into the die.

Either way just try the pressure method if it has a bad contact that might get it working. There's no real way to know nor is it really worth it for a proper repair.

Spoiler

17 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Right, there's only one die on the board, your CPU has graphics processing built into the die.

Either way just try the pressure method if it has a bad contact that might get it working. There's no real way to know nor is it really worth it for a proper repair.

What’s the pressure method? Tighten it? 

5 hours ago, Ooop said:

What’s the pressure method? Tighten it? 

Just apply a bit of pressure to the chip and hope it fixes and connect issue basically, you could also try heating it up which is probably a temporary fix at best

but more than likely it's just not worth the effort

Can't find the video but I remember someone mentioning the apple store's repair method on some failing GPU was just to put something inside the case that pressed the chip harder onto the board, rather than actually fixing the issue...

Spoiler