Streaming the prerecorded video

PeterBocan

What was the point of streaming today's prerecorded video? 

I can get behind livestreaming unboxings, but livestreaming videos? Why?

Interacting with the community, or maybe just for the fun of it.

I'm sure just recording videos gets a little fatiguing over time 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

It's a new YouTube feature called "Premieres". The idea is that we can set up a chatroom before the video goes live, interact with the audience, then all watch the video together.

We accidentally pushed it live immediately rather than delaying 30 mins, so we didn't get the chance to have that "set up chat." We're still working out the kinks in the process :)

Essentially it's just a way to diversify how we interact with the community. Always open to feedback on how we can do that better!

8 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

It's a new YouTube feature called "Premieres". The idea is that we can set up a chatroom before the video goes live, interact with the audience, then all watch the video together.

We accidentally pushed it live immediately rather than delaying 30 mins, so we didn't get the chance to have that "set up chat." We're still working out the kinks in the process :)

Essentially it's just a way to diversify how we interact with the community. Always open to feedback on how we can do that better!

eh, well, first of, Youtube notification system could do a better job, and notify people a good time in advance, if you want to launch a "premiere" with the peak audience, because at this time Youtube rolls out notifications at the exact time you hit "stream" on youtube's page so the peak of audience comes like 2-5 minutes after the stream started.

Secondly, I have no idea how you want to interact with 30+ k people at the same time. Superchats? Yeah, that works but only with livestreams, not really with "premiere", but I don't see too much of a benefit for superchats in this regard other than sharing jokes with other 30+ k  that are contextual to the current events in the video!

19 minutes ago, PeterBocan said:

eh, well, first of, Youtube notification system could do a better job, and notify people a good time in advance, if you want to launch a "premiere" with the peak audience, because at this time Youtube rolls out notifications at the exact time you hit "stream" on youtube's page so the peak of audience comes like 2-5 minutes after the stream started.

Correct - as I said, we accidentally pushed live immediately rather than delaying 30 minutes. What should happen is we send out a notification that says 'we're premiering this video in 30 minutes! Come hang out in chat until then!' and then another notification goes out ~1 minute before the premiere actually starts.

19 minutes ago, PeterBocan said:

Secondly, I have no idea how you want to interact with 30+ k people at the same time. Superchats? Yeah, that works but only with livestreams, not really with "premiere", but I don't see too much of a benefit for superchats in this regard other than sharing jokes with other 30+ k  that are contextual to the current events in the video!

So your suggestion is just don't try? Idunno how to respond to this really. Can we interact with each individual person? No, but we can interact with some, and that's better than nothing.

EDIT: maybe I need to clarify - we're in the chat too. So that's how we try to interact with people.

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

So your suggestion is just don't try? Idunno how to respond to this really. Can we interact with each individual person? No, but we can interact with some, and that's better than nothing.

Nope, give it a try. Just pondering on the side of youtube rolling out a half-baked feature, I would say. It's the same thing with the "Community" tab on the Youtube profile's page. (No one really know about that, right?)

Gotta do whatever gotta do to get more viewers, more viewers is more money in Linus' pockets to go on longer making more videos. Working the kinks out, sounds kinky ;)

These premiers sound like an interesting concept.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

8 hours ago, nicklmg said:

We accidentally pushed it live immediately rather than delaying 30 mins

LTT, home of the temporally challenged. xD

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

19 hours ago, nicklmg said:

You should try that feature with WAN Show. Maybe starting too early with normal being late evens itself out ;)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv