case airflow question

asus killer

so i still have a crappy case, the front panel is closed (hole in the bottom for air) and then it has a metal mesh where the 2 120mm fans sit. It originally come with the fans between the front panel and the mesh and now i removed and put them inside the case (on the interior side of the front metal mesh). I feel like the temps got even worst, does this make any sense?

PS: i'm waiting on a Mesh Sheet to dremel my case, so this is temporary

What case do you have?

CPU: Intel I5-7500 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240

Motherboard: ASRock B250M PRO 4

Memory: 16GB Patriot Viper Elite

Gpu: Asus Dual 1060 3GB

Storage: Corsair 120GB M.2 NVME

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

1TB WD Blue

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+Bronze

Case: Phanteks P350X

Monitors: HP Omen 25in 144hz

and some 25in Acer

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro

Headphones= VModa Crossfade Wireless(but used wired)

Speakers: Some janky speakers I jerry-rigged

You should always try to get front case fans in that situation. I know for my NZXT S340, it would suffocate without front case fans, and my temperatures would definitely be evident with that.

EDIT: Sounds like you've put them behind everything else now that I re-read it. You should probably put them fans-first.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

2 minutes ago, Fuzzleworth1 said:

What case do you have?

it's a weird spanish case :( 

1 minute ago, seoz said:

You should always try to get front case fans in that situation. I know for my NZXT S340, it would suffocate without front case fans, and my temperatures would definitely be evident with that.

i fell like i didn't make myself clear, i removed the fans from between the front panel and the metal mesh, and put them on the inside of the metal mesh, so technically inside the case, but i didn't removed them from the front.

2 minutes ago, barondeau said:

Did you reconnect everything after moving the fan?

yep, working fine

Is the fan still blowing into the case? If it is blowing out that could be the source of your problem

1 minute ago, barondeau said:

Is the fan still blowing into the case? If it is blowing out that could be the source of your problem

they are blowing in, i checked. What it appears is that they are more starved of air on the inside of the mesh then between the front panel and the mesh. This really seems weird and counter intuitive to me.

Just now, barondeau said:

Pics would go a long way right now

i do work from home so i can't open the sucker now. i got this of the internet

Nox-Hummer-ZS-4.jpg

Nox-Hummer-ZS-26.jpg

it brought the fan there, i just moved to the other side of that mesh metal thing

So the front panel is pretty good at stopping peak air flow, if you have an extra fan, fan header on the motherboard, and some zip ties, long screws or very narrow screwdriver you can put two fans in the front area to help suck in more air, 

Seeing how you can tell which way the fan blows i will skip this part, but if they are fighting against each other you will see even worse thermals

the next part will depend on the mounting hardware, 

for zip ties mount the one behind the mesh (inside the case) at a 45 dergee angle offset and tighten them to the point where the fan can move around, turn on the machine before cutting most excess zip tie off to make sure they are working together,

Long screws is going to involve you using the screws to tighten both fans on 90 degree angles

the skinny screwdriver will involve using short screws to be put in to tighten both fans together wirh the screwdriver fitting into the hole directly across from it on the same fan