Upgrading to a Fractal Design Define R4

Hi guys
I've been looking around at new cases to replace my old Antec 300, and the R4 has caught my eye, what benefits would the R4 give me over my Antec 300? And would it be a worthwhile case to buy for £80?

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

The inside looks nicer, if you get the windowed verion, because it's black. And most importantly you will get better overall sound dampening. If i was you I'd keep the case you have though, it's not a cheapo case.

Edit: better layout for drive cages / 5.25" bay. Better cable routing.... But honsetly not really sth. I'd spend 80 pounds for, if i already had a case like yours.

who cares...

not much I would say. If you aren't upgrading anything else I would guess there to be a high chance of you breaking something will moving everything

not much I would say. If you aren't upgrading anything else I would guess there to be a high chance of you breaking something will moving everything

I was thinking about waiting back until I upgrade my gpu aswell, I won't be upgrading cpu as i've recently changed to the 8350 from my old 4170 :)

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Ususally it's just not worth it getting a new case unless you're swapping around some other stuff as well, it's a lot of work if you're just sticking with the same system

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Unless you have some reason to replace your Antec 300 - such as wear and tear or damage - then I don't see the point. The Antec 300 will have better thermals than the Fractal Design Define R4. The trade-off you're making is better acoustical performance for lesser thermal performance. You can't really go wrong with the Define R4, but if you care more about temperature than you do silence, don't bother. A good case should last you several builds. They don't necessarily get outdated in the same sense as the actual computer hardware.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Hi guys

I've been looking around at new cases to replace my old Antec 300, and the R4 has caught my eye, what benefits would the R4 give me over my Antec 300? And would it be a worthwhile case to buy for £80?

ITS SEXY DEM RIGHT GET IT n YOLO SWEG

I was thinking about waiting back until I upgrade my gpu aswell, I won't be upgrading cpu as i've recently changed to the 8350 from my old 4170 :)

ok that would make more sense then...I'm not sure if it would make any difference besides it being a tiny bit cooler and looks newer

Better cable management, quieter, SEXY and has a nice side window. 

If you're upgrading your GPU, I would advise spending more on the GPU and saving up for the case later on as the case won't make as big a difference as the GPU will. 

I think the r4 is awesome, the build quality is fantastic. No problems so far... If you want a great case, the r4 is a very good choice..

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

Better cable management, quieter, SEXY and has a nice side window. 

If you're upgrading your GPU, I would advise spending more on the GPU and saving up for the case later on as the case won't make as big a difference as the GPU will. 

I was thinking of getting an R9 280x if mantle plays out how its supposed to :) then if i have enough left over, i might get the R4 aswell

I was thinking of getting an R9 280x if mantle plays out how its supposed to :) then if i have enough left over, i might get the R4 aswell

The R9 280X is a pretty good card. If you had money for the case and wanted to put it towards the card, then the R9 290 would be a good choice. The main benefit of the R4 will be the looks. It depends on how important visuals (and quietness) are to you and if you want to go with performance first and get the case later on. 

The R9 280X is a pretty good card. If you had money for the case and wanted to put it towards the card, then the R9 290 would be a good choice. The main benefit of the R4 will be the looks. It depends on how important visuals (and quietness) are to you and if you want to go with performance first and get the case later on. 

Good idea actually :) i'm not really being drawn into Nvidia atm simply because G-Sync and PhysX arent big selling points for me, but if mantle does what its supposed to do then it will! AMD have done it before with the never settle patch, that increased performance dramatically across the board, hopefully they do it again :)

Well... I feel instantly a lot dumber having read this crap

Wasn't that serious but the R4 is a nice case imo. :P