330r vs cm CM 690 III

linus7

The CM 690 III is better in terms of thermals. The 330R is better for acoustic performance (i.e. silence-optimized), but there are better options for the same price like the Fractal Design Define R4 - a case that is as popular as it is for a reason. It has a case door, like the 330R. I'm not particularly fond of those, but when dealing with silent-performing cases, they're necessary. If I had to pick a case, I'd pick something other than those two options. Out of the two you've narrowed down to, though, the CM 690 III wins in my book, because of its thermal performance that is just slightly better, and more fan mounts. It's a better case as far as features go.

My choices at that price range include:

• Fractal Design Define R4
  • Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
  • NZXT Tempest 410
  • Cooler Master HAF XM
  • Corsair 500R
  • Antec Nine Hundred

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I like the 330r and as soon as you put fans in the top it no longer sound optimized and has quite good cooling especually when you fill it with fans.

Also as well know as the antec 900 is there is no way I can recommend it in this day and age.

690 are known to be built like a tank, you might want to take a look at that.

690 seems way better, silence optimized budget cases imo are not worth it, your losing so many features just cause it costs allot to isolate everything.

:/

690 seems way better, silence optimized budget cases imo are not worth it, your losing so many features just cause it costs allot to isolate everything.

what features do you loose with the 330R in your mind? I ask because I have one and I dont see it really missing anything for a case at the price point I picked it up at.

what features do you loose with the 330R in your mind? I ask because I have one and I dont see it really missing anything for a case at the price point I picked it up at.

From what I see it has no rubber grommets, and besides it's about personal preference.

From what I see it has no rubber grommets, and besides it's about personal preference.

Its my personal opinion if your trying to make your rig look pretty with a case at that price point somethings wrong. Your far better off spending the money else where. Also from what I can tell it would take the standard corsair grommets so you could buy them off their website if you really felt you needed them.

Its my personal opinion if your trying to make your rig look pretty with a case at that price point somethings wrong. Your far better off spending the money else where. Also from what I can tell it would take the standard corsair grommets so you could buy them off their website if you really felt you needed them.

OK, I'm just saying, all about preferences, nothing is bad about the 330r

For features, I would say the 690 III due to the points mentioned by others before me. 330R for aesthetics.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.